Register now to get rid of these ads!

axles and bones-

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BeyerAutoSalvage, Jun 11, 2009.

1. BeyerAutoSalvage

BeyerAutoSalvage
    from Trenton FL

Hi there, I am building a rod using a 28 Model A axle and 38 Ford truck wishbones, what perches can I use? Thanks
    Dan Beyer

2. You mean to mount the bone to the axle or???

Axle to bone just your standard perch bolt. I think everyone just buys 'em from Speedy Bill.

Spring over axle or???

Question is pretty vague.

Now there is another question here that one of the real experts will have to answer. Is the yolk on the bone wider than the axle? You may have to shim it or alter it in some fasion but I think it'll probably just slip right in there. Like I said one of the real experts will need to answer that one.

OK now the pump is primed.

3. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

I think what he's asking is, is there a difference between perch/bolts for different years and. if so, does he need A or '38 perches? or maybe completely different ones?

4. BeyerAutoSalvage

BeyerAutoSalvage
    from Trenton FL

Sorry to be so vague, What my problem is, is that the 38 (truck) ends are much thicker in overall height than the A bone ends, I am just looking for spring over axle perches that will go all the way through. Do stock 38 truck perches mount spring over? Or were they behind? Any help is appreciated. We get some odd stuff in the 'yard here, and I try to use that stuff, but sometimes it is hard to identify the year and model, but basically what I have to work with is a 2 1/4 thick A axle with 2 1/4 opening 38 Ford Truck bones. I really appreciate any help, and for those interested or in the area, check out www.beyerautosalvage.com and after the intro go to BKCC member area and it will show a flyer for our Annual Car show to benefit Autism.