Register now to get rid of these ads!

Average age here ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ragtop49, Feb 16, 2009.

?

Age Bracket please

Poll closed Mar 2, 2009.
  1. 16-21

5.1%
  2. 22-30

14.9%
  3. 31-40

23.3%
  4. 41-50

21.2%
  5. 51 +

35.6%
  1. twofosho

twofosho

When I came into existence the new Ford still sported a suspension of wishbones, a torque tube, and transverse leaf springs.

2. Butterknife

Butterknife

They told me 5 years ago when I turned 40... " You know you're old when you can date someone half your age and not go to jail."

3. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

It did start with model cars as well.

Excuse me if I offended anyone, but I'm a Hot Rodder too y'know, I've being around heavy equipment, trucks, welding, and body work since birth is probably the reason why. Feels like a long time to me.

4. mow too much

mow too much

Hey, no offence just kidding, we have all been there, and the older you get it really seams like a long time :D.

5. carbon guy

carbon guy
    from indy

holy crap, I'll be 45 at the end of the month

6. krooser

krooser

Huh? 19 years ain't even a long time...:D

7. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Haha, I wasn't offended.

But the 3 1/2 Years its been since I first "worked" (more like punished, poor Dodge Dart) on my first real car seems like forever.

8. My 37 Ford is 3 years older than I am.:D:D:D

9. Wow you grey hairs have come out of the wood work to bump the poll in your favor...guess they all got up from their afternoon naps.....;):D

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The old dudes might feel like they have "something" on the younger generation here BUT I tell ya what, the younger generaton has ONE thing that the old dudes will never get back...youth.

This hit home a couple of weeks ago when I was chatting with my Dad, who's 70 and in good health, on the phone. Lots here know I'm extemely close to my folks who live 5 houses down from me 8 months outta the year, and in Florida 4 months. Anyway Dad and I were talking about the weather, record cold temps here in Michigan and 80 degrees and sunny in FL. I made a comment to the effect "must be nice". Dad replies, "I'd give it all up, the money, the cars, the retirement, everything in a heartbeat, to be your age again".

This made me realize how lucky I am. Even though I have to get up early and go to work every day and probably will for another 15-20 years, don't have 10's of thousands in the bank, don't have a number of houses and cars, I do have YOUTH on my side and all the fun living and experiences still to come that goes with it.

11. smittystoys

smittystoys

im 51 my dad is 71 and my son is 19 and we are all car nuts its great ................

12. krooser

krooser

Denise...You aren't even old enough to up this late at nite...now got to your room and do your homework... hahaha

13. run the 51+ bracket higher and get a real reading!

14. krooser

krooser

Watch it....I'll get my old girlfriend to blow down your straw house...hahaha

15. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

36 feel like i'm a lot older,wore myself out physically over the years, my wife is 52 and we've been married 9 years already. went through a lot of hell together ,but she was worth it all. :) my daughters mother took off with her and disappeared when she was five, she would be 16 this year.

16. Your age brackets only go half way,,,,,,,,

17. hellerods

hellerods

Feel old and busted up somtimes- well most of the time, but all I have to do is just go into the garage , take off the car cover, lite that engine in the car, my heart starts to race a little:D and chango presto, I feel damm goooood!! Oh yeah it's all about--- "MOVE OVER ROVER- LET LEROY TAKE OVER":eek:-------:cool:

18. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I'm 28 and I realize I don't know shit.

19. 45 here, right in the middle

20. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I'm 29 two times over plus 8 more. How open ya think,not how old ya are that counts,but having been there helps:cool:

21. I'm 19. And I have experience at it too. I've been 19 for awhile now and I'm GONNA be 19 for alot longer too, DAMMIT! I still listen to loud rock music, I still got all my own hair, I still got long hair, but this gray hair in my gotee is coming in faster then I can trim it out. I guess someday soon I'll have to face the fact that I'm 44. SHIT! It sucks that I can remember gas being a quarter a gallon.

22. Denise:
    I read your post and being as how I'm only slightly younger than your dad I would have to disagree with him.
    I don't know if I could take going through another round of life as I knew it.I just turned 65 and although I am not as agile as I once was(probably couldn't out-run a cop in a foot race anymore),our life is pretty good now.
    I have children(the oldest is 42;the youngest turned 34 last Saturday)and grandchildren,(the oldest is 21 and the youngest about 3 weeks)and although I don't have a lot of money we still manage to enjoy our lives together.
    If any part of my life I regret it is the fact that my childhood friends are dropping off very rapidly.I lost my best friend only last week.Not a week goes by that I don't hear news of another one lost.
    The one thing I do have though is the memories and that is what is REALLY important to me anyways.As my aunt(who will be 97 in April)always says,"If you have regrets,you weren't living enough.Go out and raise some hell!"

23. Amen Denise, but your dad could kick most 20 year olds asses!:cool: tell him I said howdy.

24. man, she must really be able to BLOW?!:D With or without the teeth?

25. ilikeflatblack

ilikeflatblack
    from HASLET, TX

i'm 39 feel 15 but the days i feel 39 are coming more often

26. e z i

e z i

speak up! I can't hear you!

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My Dad's point wasn't that he regrets anything, he's had a wonderful life. His point was more toward the fact that he would give up his material possessions for something he can not buy....youth and that I shouldn't waste any time wishing I was 70, retired, and living in Florida in the wintertime. In other words I should live life to it's fullest for as long as I can.

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Will do Trent.:cool:

29. 29SX276

29SX276

In the +51 bracket;the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak;).No regrets though.Life is good;make the most of it!

30. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

Im a twin ,both 42 :rolleyes:,got heaps of hair, when I was 30 my twin was 30 two ..........( DONT PANIC ,weird Kiwi sence of humor:D