Register now to get rid of these ads!

Autorama Art and Sculptures - Post Pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ABBoston, Mar 5, 2006.

1. ABBoston

ABBoston
    from Boston

I have seen some pics of the Detroit Autorama on here - awesome cars and artwork! Does anyone have more pics of the art and sculptures that were there...

Please Post!!

AB - Boston MA

2. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

This is what BenD bought at the charity auction for Gray's room (his oldest son). We are redoing his room in Bonneville fashion.

MissyD
    (wife and secretary)

Attached Files:

3. Clark

Clark

It's pretty bad when Ben buys something and can't get it home.

You should have seen him riding the elevator down with that painting. Looked like the art on the wall was moving.
    Clark

4. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

That painting was done by my buddy/clubmate, Jeremy (JBird)

He called me today to tell me how happy he was Ben won this. He said it couldn't have went to a better guy.

You should see his other paintings...Wow...

Here's a few with my son standing by them for size comparison...

5. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Ok. here

Attached Files:

6. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Grumpy- That painting was done by my buddy/clubmate, Jeremy (JBird)

He called me today to tell me how happy he was Ben won this. He said it couldn't have went to a better guy.

You should see his other paintings...Wow...Grumpy

Ben waited 3 days for them to auction that piece off, and kept telling me, oh it will go big buck, so I probably won't get it. He was super surprised to get such a deal on it too. Ben says that Jeremy and his dad were great guys, and was glad to get to talk to them, and said his other stuff was just killer. Ben was just meant to have the piece, actually our son Gray is meant to have the piece. If anyone goes to Bonneville they should recognize our Gray, he's the one with the dark glasses, clip on shades, floppy hat, and flip flops ( Ben didn't ever talk him into any of those things), he just comes by it naturally.
    MissyD

7. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Yeah Missy, Jeremy said Ben was a nervous wreck waiting on bidding.
    Jeremy also said he was shocked that most people didn't even know who it was:confused:

Anyway, it went to where it was meant to be.

8. Most people ARE clueless;even so called "Car People".
    And sometimes the auction prices reflect that.

But most of the artists knew.

Glad it went to a good home.

9. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

10. Maybe Plowboy can give us the story on this one.

Attached Files:

11. Plowboy

Plowboy

Fay wanted to give an award for his pick of the best metal work, but the powers that be told him that they did not have time for him to give one. That sounded pretty ridiculous to me. Fay said that he was going to give it out anyway, so he gave it to me on Friday. I told him that I would put it by the car so that everyone could see it. Apparently enough people said something about it that they let him talk at the awards. He actually gave it out at the beginning of the awards which was kind of awkward. I appreciate being chosen for it. I don't think anyone could get a better award.

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

BenD, that piece that JBird did just ROCKS and is going to look so cool in Gray's room. Thank you so much for showing it to us in person which then lead to JBird actually coming over and introducing himself. It was such a pleasure to have the opportunity to meet such a talented guy. I can picture a piece of his art hanging in my living room within the next few years.:cool:

Roadstar received a work of art from StinkyFinger at the Autorama as a thank you. It is totally AWESOME and is already hanging on the dining room wall. Perhaps this will be a reminder for him to post a photo of it.

It just blows me away how many talented folks there are on the HAMB.

13. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Some more from our local show, including a sign lettered by Brian the Brush for me.

14. Brush and I agreed to trade a piece of his artwork for a 331 midplate I got from somewhere... So I packed it in my suitcase and brought it up. I figured I'd get an 11 x 17 printout of the Go Cat Go Award art (it's of a '46 Ford Tudor), rolled up and rubber-banded, and I would have been thrilled to get that.

Turns out that I left the midplate in Fat Hack's truck and he got there before I did on Friday. Greg Brought it in and he and Brush exchanged the stuff before I got there.

I get there on Friday, and in the front seat of DIRTYT's Chevy is a laminated and mounted print, Idano, about 20" x 28", signed personally to me on the back with some Fat Hack instigated Dooligan stuff on it. (For those who don't know, Fat Hack and I went to the same elementary school, Dooley, in Roseville, MI, he is 3 years younger. I never knew him then, but he was in my sister's 3rd grade class. We moved to FL with my parents when I was 13. He and I figured this out on the HAMB one day.)

I don't know if I thanked Brush enough, so here it goes again.
    Thanks Jeff!

Oh, and thanks Greg!

Attached Files:

15. "The Powers That Be" need their Fucking Heads examined in that case.:mad:

I can't think of much higher praise,
    than for Fay Butler to be impressed with your metalwork.

Maybe Fay doesn't have enough tattoos.:rolleyes: :confused:

16. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Congrats Aaron, you deserve it.

17. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Mike...I wished we could have spent more time ......and I am glad your happy...You are most welcome!!
    I spent some time in the Panel Jam in COMPLETE awe of all them guys and gurls........I just spoke to Yosemite Sam and he told me the auction raised more than $41 grand!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
    I sat beside my hero Ray(Safariknut) and soaked up as much knowledge as a sponge can!!!
    That dude can lay licks like the Dickee Dee man....a complete master.
    A indoor car show with OVER a 1000 quality cars is no small feat....and to have some of the worlds finest stripers their to show there talant and buy it.......well...it was NIRVANA.
    I say this....If you ever need to go to one indoor show.......the DETROIT AUTORAMA is the one.

nuff said.:cool:

18. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

41k and how much of it was from sharpie doodles onthe back of a poster!!!!!! ;)

man those posters were killer,

19. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Rob...you won fair n square......you are too kind....Pm your mailing addy;)
    Caffeine......your a triple threat diamond knockout!!!!!
    just too much talent!!:)

20. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Heres my award from beautiful Ashley Webb. Her dad Dan made it. Its amazing. I looked at if for like an hour just seeing how he made it.

Attached Files:

21. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

How cool! That was the first trophy that caught my eye! It couldn't have gone to a more deserving punk kid... :)

Seriously, congrats to all of the HAMB weiners.. er winners!:D

22. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Understand that I am not bagging on your car at all - I saw a lot of it come together right here and checked it out at the HAMB drags too... it's cool as hell. But you have to see a little of the irony in that you/your car got an award shaped like an english wheel.

Really cool award - congratulations.

Everything go okay with Tuck? I haven't talked to anyone.

23. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Thanks Mike! :)

24. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

I know I know! I thought it was funny too. How 'bout I have a steel car at autorama next year? Ya know Mr. Lee, I have a nice little tranny sitting in the back of that glass car that doesnt necissarily have to go to your place. :D

Back to the topic....theh pinstripers thing was awesome. I watched some of the auctioning and there was some really killer stuff. I just wish i woulda had money to spend!

25. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

I took some of the art sitting around in diff places. I didn't really get any close ups from the panel jam. My battery was running low :( I did post a bunch of pic of the panel jam on that thread. :p

Attached Files:

26. hollenbeck32

hollenbeck32

Those large paintings art fabulous, Does anyone have info to get ahold of who did them...I would love to have a painting done of my Dad

Thanks in advance
    Terri (Brizio) Hollenbeck

27. Pjlegacy

Pjlegacy
    from Royersford

there was so much artwork at that show that i wanted to buy.. exspecially in the pinstriping area.. i stood in a daze for bought 30 min watchin them make a sign with gold leaf.. and some of those paintings were amazing..i wish i had the money to buy some of them, who am i kidding all of them

28. Pretty sure the artist is a Hamber,or a relative,
    it was discussed in another thread.