Register now to get rid of these ads!

Automotive Explorer Poat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terrarodder, Dec 10, 2009.

1. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

Are there any automotive Explorer post out there. Our old hot rod club is thinking of starting one to keep our club going. We are trying to come up with a way to get new blood into hot rodding, were all in our late 60's- early 70's. I'm involved in the Explorer SCOUTING PROGRAM in model railroading and I know something about it. I was just wondering if anybody has one.

2. john61543

john61543

Not an Explorer Post, but in the same vein, my son started an "auto shop" class at the Seattle Lutheran High School. The class meets at his garage every other Sunday afternoon for three hours. They are rebuilding a 1958 Ford Ranch Wagon that they will sell at the end of the school year to fund next year's project.

My son, who started helping me when he was 6 (now 38), has been worried about all the young guns in their rice-burners, and felt a need to educate them about old, American iron. They have replaced the 352 with a 390, and are sanding down the body, re-building the brakes, etc.

The class is an actual credit-earning elective.

Needless to say, I'm one proud dad!

John

3. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA