Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Automotive A.D.D .....the '28 Tudor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1oldtimer, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looks like a cool buildmim gonna have to get caught up on this one!

3. Ok, after some other car distractions it's back to the A......I'll tackle the Hillman after the A.

Full steam ahead...

Stovebolt likes this.
  4. Going to change the rear radius rod mounting. It has Heim type joints now and I going to go with tie rod ends pointed up into the X part of the frame and then put some gussets into the C channel around the insert....maybe even box it.
    rear radius rods-1.jpg

5. More random pix from when I stopped working on it........to get me thinking again :).

Parking brake cable:
    parking brake-4.jpg
    Clutch linkage idea:
    clutch linkage-5.jpg
    Floor board mock up:
    front floor board-2.jpg

Need to make a small hump:
    front floor board-3.jpg

Hope to have more progress pics after Thanksgiving........Stay tuned.

6. Changed gears AGAIN :rolleyes:. Going with a 327/T5. Not to worry though the 2.0 will live again in one of the Hillmans. After I finish the panel I think it's back on the '28.......I hope....I'm still collecting parts for the '47.

7. Back on it until something else needs my immediate attention. The Pinto is out and the T5 is out.......that little 4 cyl is a LUMP, I think it was about 300lbs. The engine hoist is land locked in the backyard, so me and a friend used a long piece of square stock, some chain and lifted it out. The S-10 Mech speedo T5 is in the garage now (the Mustang T5 is back in the shed waiting for the Hillman) and the donated plastic SBC is ready to be used to locate the mounts.

8. Found some decent front fenders today, they have some old gas weld repairs in some spots (mostly in areas that are hidden) an one side is on top but all strong and good (minor work needed). I got them for $75 AND I sold some parts I wasn't going to use for $50........sooooo that's a win :). Pics when I get home.

1929-1.jpg

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  9. Found some rear fenders today, not as good as the ones on it, but way fixable and good for spares....$80.
    1929 rear 80 bux pair-2.jpg

10. verde742

verde742

1OLDTIMER : YOU ARE THE MOST TALENTED, RESOURCEFUL, LUCKY GUY I HAVE READ ABOUT !!

Budget36 likes this.
  11. Thanks for the comments.
    I really don't know about resourceful, definitely not talented.........but I am pretty lucky :).

I'm hoping to get back to the A real soon. The '41 is almost back on the road

12. Might be switching a little again. Not sure how long the banjo will live behind a fairly healthy 327/5 spd and a stupid driver. I found this just in case.
    1964 Pontiac rear-1.jpg
    The center is a '63-'64 7 rib. Have to look at it to find out what gears are in it, had a nice ladder bar set up. Got it for a great price and the seller was super nice.

13. It's a 3.08 hmmmm.........

14. I forgot to mention it's a Pontiac 9.3 ('63-'64).

15. Found some super straight front fenders and really good rear fenders, now to sell some of the ones I have to build the funds back up. I'm going to take some time off next month so hopefully there will be some progress.

I have 2 Packard wheels now but they're different widths (5 and 5.5), need to find a mate for either...but I would like a 5.5 more.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  16. Front fenders in DP90 a long time ago and the bare metal spot is where a slight crack is.

front fender-2.jpg

Bare metal on the side lip is an extra hole next to where the bracket bolts to.
    front fender-1.jpg

Those aren't the prices I paid. The guy I bought them from was selling them for the wife of a friend that passed away, the price is what someone was asking when his friend bought them years ago. The guy is slowly selling off an astounding (for living in a regular house) amount Ford parts for his late friends wife. rear fenders-1.jpg

The blacker one has some rust on the flange and underside that might leave some pitting after it's blasted, but that's ok it's all hidden. I was mostly concerned that the shape of the whole fender was there and it is....even the lower back part that lips out at the bottom (my others are beat straight down).
    rear fenders-2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    loudbang likes this.
  17. More changes, here's the new setup:
    Engine - 327 with a 3x2 intake
    Trans - 5 speed
    Rear - Pontiac 9.3 (3.90 or 4.10 gear)...overkill I know, but I have it :)
    Front brakes - '53-'56 F100
    Rear brakes - Pontiac 11" drums
    Front wheels - 16x4 or 4.5 Ford steel with 6.00 blackwall tires
    Rear wheels - 16x5 or 5.5 Packard with 7.50 blackwall tires

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    Nailhead A-V8 and loudbang like this.