Register now to get rid of these ads!

autoloc no like water

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldskool55, Dec 15, 2005.

1. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

so i wash my car and go to pop the doors to park it... nothing i think "great!"... i fiddle with the hood latch a bit to get it opened with releasinging it from inside (couldnt get in) get it opened hot wire it to pop my door... looks like i need to find a different mounting point... hope it works after it dries out any body else had this problem?

2. KustomF100

KustomF100
    from Joliet, IL

I would say that most any electrical component is not h2o friendly.That being said,I use to sell Autoloc and had a large amount of returns.I have used a set of the Watson's Street Works solenoids and they are kick butt! The plungers have a rubber seal and would be more suited to a wet environment.They are expensive,but they run circles around the Autoloc product.China (Autoloc) vs Usa made (Watson's).AND the 15lb pull Watson's will open a stock '40 Chevy latch,which is alot stiffer than a bearclaw.

3. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

it was the brain not the 'noids....never had a problem with mine (i have them in two cars) i wouldnt trust 15lbs for daily use...

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Gee youngin'...ever thought of door handles instead of 'lectric gizmos?:D

5. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

but door handels look as good as love handels :D I made the mistake of "adjusting" my striker in my 59 with the window up and allmost locked my self out of the car with no other way in:eek:

6. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

i always locked my keys in when i had handles:D