Register now to get rid of these ads!

Autoloc Hoffman Group

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 27 Tall T, Aug 31, 2010.

1. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

I think Jegs and Summit (and other speed shops) should also hold the manufacturers of speed equipment accountable. I had a hell of a mess with a $2000 March Performance Styletrack system for my SBF. Spent anoither $1000 trying to fix an "problem" that was actually caused by their stuff (on a brand new crate engine). I had nothing but problems with it, it wasnt functional for the engine specified, and they knew it, but did nothing. Now some of the clearcoat is coming off.
    It all falls on the consumer. Quick frankly, I'm real tired of it. I will not give them anymore of my money.

2. Toner283

Toner283

Not ever going to happen. Check this out: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=10510

The janets in the print industry see us as the ones destroying our little world, not the other way around.

3. chevrolayd

chevrolayd

i bought autoloc headlights and the blue dots in the center turned into blue snot and is now laying in the bottom of the headlight and i bought there bear claw latches after 3 days of labour putting them in aligning them they opened with bumps, body flex and you could grab the door and pull on it and it would open . I will never buy there products again

Friends dont let friends buy Autoloc

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

2X Zmans story on a Zirgo 3000 cfm fan... Mine made it two weeks in an Arizona summer...

5. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

hell, I won a giveaway prize @ goodguys from the Hoffman Group and they didn't answer the phone or any e-mails....So I won a worthless certificate...

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just had a OT '70 Cougar get dropped off by a roll-back, both shaved doors inoperable. It took me a whole mess of fishing around inside the doors to get them open.

After pulling the door panels, guess what I found....

How is this company still in business?

7. Thanks for saving the rest of us from the perils !

8. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

I emailed them to buy a replacement remote. Never returned my email.

9. If you have to run a electric fan, the only one to get is a SPAL, never any complaints, and excellent customer service. If some company's claim to fame is " engineered " in America- run.

10. Shopking

Shopking
    from central Pa

Ordered the seatbelt/retractable shoulder harness assemblies from autolock.Wow what junk 1 would not retract at all once pulled on,the other lasted 2 or 3 pulls and quit working.Called customer service they said send back just needed an adjustment.Received them back no better, just out shipping charges to them and back to me.Ended up buying a set from Julianos at York street rod show-They work perfect.

11. Fuck Janet and the Hoffman Group

Let me add that I had a lot of customers bring these cheap import parts into the shop either on cars or new stuff they purchased on their own. Always ended up replacing them with known brands we stuck to.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  12. big creep

big creep

well said!

13. badshifter

badshifter

The 70 Cougar owner deserves grief for shaving the door handles. Everyone else has a legitimate complaint.

14. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Spal once did a test on a Zirgo fan to see about the 3000cfm claim. Well it does 3000 but it was with no resistance like a radiator would give and they had to run it up to 18 volts. I'm pretty sure none of us have an 18 volt system. And as everyone has already said, the stuff is pure crap.

They should take the money they spend on deluxe advertising and invest it into better products.

15. henryj429

henryj429

I was fit to be tied with their bearclaw latches. No matter what I did to adjust the latches, the doors would pop open when I hit a bump or open up on a sharp turn - scary as hell. These were brand new parts! I threw away the junk latches and bought a set of the made in USA originals from 38Chevy454 here on the HAMB.

The new latches are interchageable but they act totally different. The doors shut nice and stay shut. They pop open properly. They do take more solenoid stroke and force to open, but I'll take that for the peace on mind any time.

Down with Autoloc! Thumbs up to 38Chevy454!

16. Thanks for the feedback. I know the latches I have been selling are good quality parts. It is nice to know you were able to interchange the made in USA high quality latches for the crappy Autoloc latches.

Anyone else needing some bear claw latches, see the links in my signature.

17. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Ok..... I usually dont talk shit about products online, unless i get REALLY burned, but fuck it!!! The AUTOLOC crap is TERRIBLE!!!! A while back i bought a trunk and hood latch, and they're not cheap$$$$$$.... well, i never used them because they were so bad and had so much slack in them and the trunk latch had the worst mechanism EVER!!! I don't even wanna put them in the classifieds because im too embarrassed!!!!! WAY OVER RATED COMPANY!!!!

JUST MY OPINION THOUGH!!! :eek:

18. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

okey, i'll join in.
    I bought a solenoid kit years ago, the electronic brain part is pure crap.
    I know i wired it correctly and solid, but it wouldnt power the solenoids every hit of the button. i ended up junkin everything but the solenoids.
    i will never buy anything w/ theyre name on it ever.
    As for janet, that is some twisted stuff.

19. Racewriter

Racewriter

I do appreciate you guys posting all of these bad experiences. I'm still building an online retail operation, and I'm moving into rod and custom parts now. I'm hooked up with a warehouse distributor that carries all the Hoffman group stuff. Good margins, profit potential, etc. However, after checking them out I am making the decision NOT to sell the stuff. I will have to fill those categories elsewhere but I think I will be happier doing so, and I know my customers will be as well.

20. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

Just finished ripping out the Autoloc power window shit from my 4dr Falcon wagon. It took me a month to adapt them & get them to work. I could never get the rear ones to move without binding, even after some slick re-engineering.

Replaced them with Nu-Relics power windows. Well made and a quick install. Best part, they went out of their way to make sure their stuff worked in my unusual application. What a difference.

21. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I made the mistake of buying one of their Zirgo (?) remote master cylinder reservoirs. It arrived many weeks later than promised, in an obviously previously opened box, scratched product, and the aluminum mounting bracket was missing. Called them at least 12 times to get the order sorted out, they ended up sending me the bracket, but it was gouged up. Their customer service wouldn't accept a return/refund, just "store credit". That's the last time I will ever deal with them or any other junk they peddle.

22. Rod and Wheeler

Rod and Wheeler
    from NOR CAL

DON'T FORGET (AMERICAN SHIFTER COMPANY) HOFFMAN OWNED. Another copy.

23. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

Got their door poppers on my car. They work, sometimes. My daughter washed one of my remotes. Tired to order a new one form them. Dont answer phone and dont return emails. Never again.

24. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

never!!

25. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

They also have a VERY large presence at GGs, both at the shows and in the Gazette.

THIS is a few good way to spread what we already know.

26. banditomerc

banditomerc

Dare i say what is very apparant in this thread? Here goes...BUYER BEWARE! DO YOUR RESERCH! I know the feeling when you need a part...you got to have it now! I don't do that anymore.I check stuff out before i give up my dough.

27. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

For what it's worth, I heard that NSRA refused to sell Hoffman Group a display space at Louisville Nat's. So my hats off to them for that!

28. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is what needs to happen, and other things like it. We need to shun them.

Spread the word. Force them out of business.

29. JeffreyPhipps

JeffreyPhipps

They have copied several parts that I designed and manufacture. They look like mine but are inferior in quality. I have even had people send them to me because of problems with them, thinking they were made by me. When I told them who's parts they were and where they were made, they bought my parts. That means they had to buy there parts twice. What really sucks is that they thought they were mine. Bob Drake has copied my parts also. More China crap.

30. Ole don

Ole don

I bought seat belts from them a few years ago. Everytime I hit a bump they unhooked. They did return all my money after I threatened them with a letter to the NTSB.