Register now to get rid of these ads!

Autolite Spark Plugs - CHINA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldspwr, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just read through all 9 pages. I am thoroughly disgusted with the way our country outsources work. I am concerned with what the future holds for America seeing as I'm only 17.

Here is a link I actually found on here before, in case no one else has seen it:

http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1063782

2. TurboT

TurboT
    from China

Good link. Living in China sucks big time. No good cars. Rain and gray sky all year. No good food, unless you like eating guts, skin, and fat.
    Lots of hot girls though.

3. Rob Kozak

Rob Kozak

4. Ive seen a few articals on the state of 'Made in China' factorys and there working conditions and id say the health and saftey programme in that link was cutting edge compared to what I saw;)

5. It is not only AUTOLITE (but won't) but BENDIX and FRAM which has lowered standards. BENDIX was once the supreme name in brakes.

But my biggest fear is that MOTORCRAFT plugs are made by AUTOLITE... :(

BTW- I just bought a set of tires for my riding lawnmower. CARLISLE was the OEM supplier and plainly stamped MADE IN USA. I researched all tire suppliers and saw countless off-shore tires @ bargain prices. The CARLISLE web sire inferred (to me) that the tires are made here.

I go to put them on and stamped in the bead in VERY SMALL LETTERS is MADE IN CHINA. I spent twice as much on their tires as a competitor that manufactures in China... :mad:

6. snelson57

snelson57

I can help set the record straight on this one, guys.

Autolite does brand some percentage of high runner, low technology plugs out of a partner facility in China. The majority of Autolite plugs are produced just over the border in MX and use ceramics still produced in Ohio.

Fram produces the vast majority of their products in North America as well. They have facilities in Canada and US. I believe that there is a small percentage labeled from offshore, but not many.

7. Fram's reputation on oil filters is poor at best.
    A search here will back that up.
    In which case, it doesn't matter where they are made.

8. Deuces

Deuces

Maybe someone needs to let them know so they can fix the problems...

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

x2, and that was when they were made in the USA. I dont really care where the hell they are made, I care about how they work. I use NGK in everything.

10. They don't care or they would have corrected the problem(s) by now.

Corporate Greed!

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Autolite had a corporate stooge on this thread trying to convince us that all was sunshine and fine. He got booed off the HAMB. Go back and read the whole thread before you comment!
    Dave

12. They would rather spend money on advertising,
    than make a decent product.

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Thats the American (and Canadian) way!

14. Funny, or not so funny, is that the plugs still cost what they used to cost when they were made in USA. It seems that the price stays the same when something's made in china no matter what you buy these days. Also check out some of the salaries of the CEOs and their minions that have outsourced their labor. They get millions plus all kinds of perks. It's definitely corporate greed. They don't give a shit about nothing but themselves.
    We can fight back. We don't have to buy any of their chinese made shit. Nobody forces us. So you say you can't buy whatever it is unless it's made in china. Easy. We're all used to buying used stuff, i.e. our cars, parts, etc. Just buy whatever it is that you need used as long as it's made in USA or Canada or whatever country you call home.

15. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

I havn't used Fram filters for allmost a decade. They get pluged up. Had four out of five do it. Autolites and AC sparkplugs work well. I stopped using champions fifteen years ago after giving a complete tune up on a four cyl International Scout. It still ran rough, swapped to Autolites and presto! smooth running 4 banger!

16. I'm glad someone has finally noticed this. If directly replacing a domestic product, no price change. If a product that is meant to undercut an American manufacturer and once that manufacturer has to give up or go off shore itself, the price then rises to the original price.

WAL-MART marketing strategy unleashed.

17. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

ill bet over half the complainers have a foreign shit box or two in there drive way. BUY AMERICAN

18. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

I've lived in China previously and I am quite sympathetic to the plight of the Chinese people.
    Buying their products is only making their situation worse!!!!!!!!!
    The billions of $$$ spent on Chinese products only lines the pockets of the "Lying Corrupt Fat Thieving Bastards" at the top.

If the world totally boycotted Chinese products ,it would only hurt the greedys at the top.
    The average person over there is already poor so it won't make one bit of difference to them.

Yes the women are hot!

19. Every country has them.;)

20. Motornoggin1

Motornoggin1

We got a fresh load of Bosch brake rotors in the other day. They are a "premium" brand with a decent reputation. They sell for twice what the standard versions sell for. I happened to read the label and was very dissapointed to see they are made in China..

21. dmikulec

dmikulec

It's not Made in China...

It's Made in Communist China.

And these people ARE NOT our friends.:mad:

I buy used before I'll by crap made in Communist China. Period.

22. Deuces

Deuces

Nope! All 3 of my Fords were built here in michigan..

23. big creep

big creep

same here, all i have is 2 chevys and one ford! only american cars in my home!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  24. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Not sure if im being lumped in as a "complainer" or not..but chew on this.
    The stuff I own is too old and heavy to be built in any other country than here:cool:

25. orphanautomill

orphanautomill

I kind of hate to add to a thread this old that was dug up, however it surprised me that many Japanese companies are manufacturing state side. Denso for example, ( formerly Nippon-Denso) makes spark plugs, fuel injectors, alternators and many other automotive products here in TN. My local Advance carries them...

Anyway, it is best to read the package. Brand name doesn't mean much these days.

26. I'll buy quality no matter where it's from

27. Ding Ding Ding! Give the man a cigar! But heaven forbid it be a Cuban cigar. Wait, Cuba is communist but we're not allowed to buy anything Cuban.
    Shit, china is a much bigger threat to us than Cuba was or ever will be. So why are we allowed to fuel the economy of the communist regime in china?

28. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

it's terrible anymore....almost everything you pick up is made in China...

29. Deuces

Deuces

You need to ask the great folks that run this great country of ours...

30. Damn! hope they still make HOOKERS in America ! Hell! at least speak English

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.