Register now to get rid of these ads!

Autolite 2100 carb questions--squirting fuel out the float vent

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jazzbum, Jul 1, 2009.

1. jazzbum

jazzbum

just rebuilt the carb, first rebuild I've done on one of these autolites, heard they were supposed to be pretty simple. set the float height properly (I'm pretty sure) and now it's squirting fuel out of the vent hole on top of the float bowl (hole in the little turret-looking thing on top of the float bowl). I start the car, the bowl fills and the carb starts spraying fuel all over the place after a couple of seconds. Is the needle not seating? something vital I left out during rebuild? anybody had this problem before?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  2. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Most likely a bit of dirt on the needle. Happens more than you would think after carb work, lines disconected etc.

3. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Yup - Crap stuck between the needle and seat. Get a clear filter and put it right before the carb. Purge the fuel line before you hook everything back up. Especially if the line has been laying unplugged open to the elements for a while. Anything could've crawled down there...

4. jazzbum

jazzbum

thanks fellas. got the needle clean and readjusted the float and we're good to go.