Register now to get rid of these ads!

autobody schools

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Michigan Rick, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Michigan Rick

Michigan Rick
    from Owosso Mi.

I've got a friend that is looking for a school to learn autobody. He is 18 and wants to do the school route instead of the school of hard knocks. Any personal autobody school experiences???

2. Is he willing to re-locate?

3. Ferris State has a decent program. My freshman roommate was in it (I was in Heavy Equipment). They offer the Associates and Batchelors degrees.

Jay

4. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Hennipen Tech/ Anoka has a really solid 2yr program in the Twin Citys. I went through it... there are alot of jobs in the area and the school will FIND YOU a job while your enrolled for part time work. There is alot of places to rent too... if hes intersted pm me and ill get you more info and my number if he wants to call. I have some family that lives a couple miles from the school I can check into a room etc...

I had a blast there made alot of friends and learned a boat load~

5. Michigan Rick

Michigan Rick
    from Owosso Mi.

Yes he's a kid he wants to go somewhere else. He does not have a computer in his family but I'll let him read all your tips and info. Appretiate it.

Thanks

6. With the cost of out of state tuition, housing ect, if he can find something local, he'll be better off.
    I teach collision repair here in Spokane PM me if you or your friend would like my phone #. I'd be more than happy to talk to him.

7. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

at LCC there is a great auto body class...Not sure if that's what it is called, but Paul Beck teaches it and he is an amasing body man...has built bodies for a number of big wig named guys....Lansing Community College... check it out