Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Auto cancel turn signal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lonestar395, May 3, 2014.

1. lonestar395

lonestar395
    from Australia

2. henry29

henry29

Yes, I have!
    I have one in my 50 Chevy truck. Works extremely well.

3. NWGreaser

NWGreaser

That's pretty cool. Too bad the indicator tone is so annoying.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. henry29

henry29

The audio feedback has a volume control.

5. can you give me a link to purchase one?

6. henry29

henry29

7. Thank You.
    Terry

8. gow589gow

gow589gow
    from Indiana

The sound is a difficult thing to make any better without making the unit a lot more expensive. However, once the unit is mounted it is not as loud. It only needs to be loud enough you can hear it operate and it does not sound as bad when it is not in your face so to speak.

We installed one in a Cobra with no top and loud exhaust. At that point I increased the loudness and made volume control because it is important to hear it to know it is functioning.

It is nice giving you options other then the steering column for turn signals. I know it is not the perfect solution for everyone but some it is quite ideal and simple. Another Cobra owner likes the fact that the switch is off the steering column. He has already knocked his column turn signal off 2x in competitive road course driving.

Some cars are ideally suited for it. Here is my car. The steering column is a speedway motors generic column:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The dash layout on my car is ideal. The inertia cancel works amazingly well. and makes it simple to hook up flashers and brake lights if needed for say older cars. There is also a unique flasher mix where both the flashers and turn signal work.

Gary