Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Australian 1953 Ford Mainline Ute V8

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by LKR, Feb 18, 2016.

1. LKR

LKR
    from Australia

City: Wilyabrup

State: International (Australia, Canada, etc...)
    Price: $4,950
    Hi everyone would love to get rid of my 1953 Ford Mainline camper to free up some space and funds.
    I was looking forward to rebuilding it this year but have too much on my plate so here it is.
    1953 model running the 8BA 239c.i. flathead and column shift manual transmission.
    Mainline is the ute version here in Australia built on the convertible chassis.
    Was converted to the camper in 1954 with the bodywork handled by a coach builder in SA. I purchased it from the original owners relatives, the original owner used it to travel around Australia as a contract shearer.
    75,000 original miles with a bunch of documentation that I can dig out.
    I have not touched it or tried to get it running since I have had it (no time) but motor turns over.
    Needs a few patch panels in the doors and front fenders. Chassis is immaculate. Would be worth going through the motor and redoing a bunch of the mechanicals like the brakes etc. before trusting it on the road. No battery.
    Unique car for the right person would look great towing a race car to Bonneville or converted to a food van or something. Cheers! $_57.JPG $_57-6.JPG $_57-7.JPG $_57-9.JPG $_57-11.JPG