Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Austin Texas fab shops / frame shops

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by evobuilder, Sep 14, 2015.

1. evobuilder

evobuilder

hey fellow Austin HAMB'ers.... I am looking for someone/shop in or around Austin who can do some welding on my 27 frame. I recently moved here and all my life is in storage, but I want to fix some weld on the frame of my 27 5 window.

I am happy to assist if needed, I just don't have the room to do any frame repairs right now but want to get back on the road.

Hit me up please.... I will trailer to you, have cash, and really want to get back on the road in the next month or two if possible.
    Eric
    206-446-9799
    [email protected]

2. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Austin Speed Shop. Mercury Charley. our very own boss (see feature article today)

Nice looking "T"

3. evobuilder

evobuilder

Thanks! I am out making the rounds today.... Meeting people, making friends and hopefully making plans

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It might help the guys give you some more ideas if they had an idea of how far from
    Austin proper you would be willing to haul the frame. There are a number of good fab guys within a couple of hours drive of Austin.

5. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You will be happy with Eric Andersen who works his magic at Austin Speed Shop, 3507 Chapman Ln. directly behind Patsy's Café, on Hwy 71 E. access rd. Phone no. 512-693-7277.

6. swimeasy

swimeasy

Merc. Charlie loves telephone booth Ts. His shop is on the north side. First class guy :)!

8. Welcome to Austin, Eric. As a fellow T owner (can you say long-term project?), you really owe it to yourself to have a good look around this town as far as finding someone to repair your frame. The obvious candidates have been mentioned already, but there are a lot of smaller shops in town, too. Being a friend of Mercury Charlie's, I'd point you there with the caveat that he may very well insist on replacing your frame. Of course, I may be biased, seeing as as I have MC Zee frame #14 in my 27T. IMHO, the better known shops aren't going to want to repair something as suspect as that because there name is on it the minute they take your money. I fully dig the look of your T and have admired it in the past. But having been in similar shoes before with older cars, I would strongly encourage you to replace that frame and find someone who loves your car and respects your budget. Seeing a serious lack of workmanship like that on such a cool car is what makes a fella lose faith, and once faith is lost, how much fun can driving it really be? I'm completely stoked to see another T in Austin. Don't be a stranger. Over and out.

9. evobuilder

evobuilder

quick update...... I am back on the road and ready to drive the fine streets of Austin. I went to Mupho's (http://www.murphos.com/) and couldn't be happier. Within 30 seconds of stopping by the shop, I already felt like a long time customer. Murph and Liana made me feel welcomed and made time in their jam packed schedule to get my frame repair fixed. They took the time to go through the frame, weld by weld, and as a result we ended up fixing a couple other things. The work is they did is top notch and they went above and beyond with the work done. Even the new trans crossmember they built is a beautiful piece of hot rod goodness.
    Murpho's is the real deal and I am a customer for life!

harpo1313 likes this.
  10. What side of town did you land in

11. evobuilder

evobuilder

I am in South Austin right now, but we are looking to buy a house so who knows. Right now, my first choice is South Austin, but I really want enough land to prop up a decent home shop.