Register now to get rid of these ads!

Austin Speed Shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 067chevy, Dec 1, 2010.

1. 067chevy

067chevy

Was in Austin Yesterday so decided to stop by Austin Speed Shop. Rocco the shop manager gave me the grand tour and showed me some projects they are working on and a couple they have just completed. They do some outstanding work and they have some guys there than can do some awesome fabrication. They had some real cool projects they were working on. I think there were four 32's counting the purple roadster.
    They also have a nice collection of vintage speed parts that if I drooled on I'm sorry. No they were in a glass case. I was really glad I stopped. Rocco was really nice and we shared a couple stories and I bought a couple tee shirts and got a window sticker and headed back to Nebraska where it was 10 degrees when I got home at 2:00 am this morning. Can't wait to make another trip south this winter.

2. I LOVE ROCCO and really miss him !!

He is so snuggley

3. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

HEY NOW!! CUT THAT OUT!

Glad you stopped in Tim..
    come on back for the round up , you won't be dissapointed

4. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Sounds like a good time, I follow there projects online...amazing cars come out of there shop! Hope they get some cars to CA shows this year...heard they were at Long Bch but I missed it..

5. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

Look for us at the GNRS in January...

6. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

you guys going to be at mooneyes this year?

7. dw123

dw123

I was in Austin back in August and Rocco (and everyone else's) hospitality was second to none! Looking forward to the GNRS....!

8. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Those guys are dicks!:D

9. uncle buck

uncle buck

Should we ask? :rolleyes: I don't think so. lol :eek:

10. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I was in Austin a couple of months ago at the Capital Swap Meet and took some time to swing by the Speed Shop. Rocco gave me the tour and let me take some pics too. I really dug the '49 Caddy with the nailhead that was in the works. I'd like to see the progress on that one.

11. I'm hoping to stop by there in a week. Never been to Austin. My wife went to A.S.S. about 3 months ago when she was on a girls trip. She said the guys there were really welcoming to here and her friends and she loaded me up with some gear. Made my day when she texted me a pic from the inside of the shop! I was like, "THATA GIRL!!!"

12. Roupe

Roupe

Come on man, where are the pics?

13. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Here's the Caddy
    [​IMG]

14. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I wanna get out there one day.....

15. pecker head

pecker head

The saturday night party during the round up rules !

16. freeflynstl

freeflynstl

I travel a lot for work and Texas is in my territory. I really enjoy Austin and always look forward to visiting. I've been in Austin Speed Shop before to nose around. Never met any of the guys cause it was lunch time when I stopped in but there was a really cute college girl working the office when I was in there.

I meant working for Austin Speed Shop not WORKING the place. You know what I mean. I just realized that the acroymn for the place is ASS. Huh, go figure.

I'll be stopping in again for sure. Besides, I love my t-shirts and they wear out quickly.

Andy L. Kaempfer
    St. Louis, MO

17. sololobo

sololobo

Hey homeboy, you did the coolest thing in Austin. The guys at the speed shop are the kings of great hospitality. Glad you checked it out. Take care Tim. ~sololobo~

18. daddio211

daddio211

I sold my A Tudor to a guy who lives in Austin. He took it to ASS for some minor things and couldn't stop saying how impressed he was. I need to get down there one day, sure sound like good folks!

19. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

But you love us anyways

20. freeflynstl

freeflynstl

I wasnt trying to be a douche with the ASS comment just trying to be funny. There are some are really neat rods in there. What's the story on the chopped vert that sits in the lobby? I love that car! Looks like a time capsule. The cute girl pointed out some writing someone scratched in the rumble seat area. I can't remember the date but it was 1940 something.

I'm looking forward to going back. My wife and I were talking at lunch today about trying to schedule some business during the week of the Roundup and staying the weekend. Won't be able to bring my pickup cause it doesn't run but Ive been wanting to check out that show.

Andy L. Kaempfer
    St. Louis, MO

21. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Glad to hear you all will be there...def come check u out and grab some gear!

22. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

The A.S.S. is a cool place. I enjoy just stopping in when I can to just look at whatever is there.Every year they have a party there during the Lonestar Roundup. It is a good one to catch. Jon is also an awesome guy fun to talk with.

23. 067chevy

067chevy

Sorry no pictures, Forgot the camera but sure would have like to took some of the Caddy.

24. smarg

smarg

Been there a few times to look at Bob's roadster he had for sale a few months back.

I'd like to make it to one of their open shop nights.

25. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

26. 067chevy

067chevy

Very beautiful car. I enjoyed looking it over.

27. pitman

pitman

It sounds like a definite "stop".

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010