Register now to get rid of these ads!

AUSTIN/DALLAS HAMBers...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasHardcore, Feb 13, 2004.

1. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Hey dudes,

Does anyone know of a cheap/quick body shop...or anyone willing to shoot a car for me before the Round-Up.

I can take the car to Corpus Christi and have it done professionally for CHEAP, but thats an extra 300 miles to take it, and a week without it.

I plan on meeting in AZ to pick up this car in early March, and getting as much done as my time & budget allow before Round-Up. I'd like to roll with the caravan from Waco to Austin in my own ride.

Anyone have a shop, booth, garage, alley, & painting equipment that would be willing to help a fellow TX HAMBer?

lemme know

thanks

2. Crease

Crease

LEt me start off by sayin

I AM NOT JACKIN WITH YOU.

I do my work under an oak tree in the driveway now, but before I had such pristine facilities in which to conduct my work I used Earl Scheib. 90% of paint work is the prep. If you do the prep work and take it to uncle Earl, you'll be suprised how nice it will come out. You wont get any lace, candys or flames, but it's a good solid paint job. Hot Rod did an article on them about 15 years ago or so saying the same thing. Good luck!

3. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Crease, I've heard of Schieb and his reputation.

I have some friends in Corpus Christi that own "Southern Customs". They do custom/specialty paint & body work on cars, lowriders, trucks, customs & classics, & have lately been taking on more custom motorcycle jobs than anyone in the area. I can get everything done for just the cost of supplies. The reason I don't want to take my car there is the fact that it's 300 miles away from where I currently live in Waco. Plus with their busy schedule it'd be hard to get in line somewhere. It'd also take about a week to get her done.

I'm really looking for someone in the Austin to Dallas range that can sling some bondo & shoot some basic paint in a weekend or so. Someone cheap, real cheap. The paint job doesnt have to be great, it'll all be re-done later on down the road during the frame-off.

If anyone has a spare weekend, or wants to practice some painting skills, or experiments...thats what I'm looking for.

Maybe a HAMB Paint & Body day, a few HAMBers tag team the body work & paint in a weekend or so.

If I can't find anyone, I'll take it to the local Maaco after I do the bodywork. I'm wanting to go from this:

4. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

to this on a cheap & quick budget in a short period of time.

5. OutLaw

OutLaw

I got a new shot gun...I'll shot it for you

6. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I got a closet full of guns...

but i want to FILL THE HOLES, not FILL IT WITHHOLES!!!

7. famous59

famous59
    from dallas, tx

Call jason in Dallas at 214-388-9408. He is a paint and body guy. Tell him how you want it and your intentions. Should get done fairly cheap. Tell him George sent ya.

8. OutLaw

OutLaw

Sorry, just a litle trigger happy.

9. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

ANYONE ELSE?

I just wanna make the Round-Up this year in my own ride

10. I just got to Austin and dont know where anything is...but more than willing to drive up to Waco on a weekend to help out (that is if I dont end up moving to San Antonio by then). Hopefully that helps.....let us know, I am sure I can drag Jasonic along.