Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Aussie: Traditional Hot Rod invitational photos.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatoz, Mar 23, 2011.

1. autobilly

autobilly

Great weather, beautiful countryside and a handful of fantastic cars... superb!

2. tmf

tmf

Very good enjoyed this thread nice pics guys.
    Thanks Frank i had a good laugh at Corey working and you eating. Those rolls were reversed not that long back with a west aussie getting in the way wernt they?

3. Ditto to the great photo's, stoke that it worked out as intended given the short prep time and circumstances, congrats to all involved.

I think that Janine would have your balls Frank if she saw that photo of Flatoz getting his hands dirty given his fresh escape from the surgeons hands...

Cheers, simple is best,

Drewfus

4. sideshowrob

sideshowrob
    from australia

good times, top work guys.

5. I'm not sure if sorting out tools with Wayne there would constitute "getting his hands dirty" on this occasion! Hell, I was Corey's driving bitch, tools bitch, petrol bitch and even bootlid bitch all in one for the day!

6. Ahhh guys....photos can be sooo,err,umm, ...incriminating?

TMF...damn I almost forgot about that little episode.

Thats what memories are made of....right Swifto?

Speaking of which, where IS Brootal?

Rat

7. jimbob

jimbob

Bwahahahaha, I was thinkin the same thing!!!!!!:D

8. Looks like a good time. Awesome rides!

9. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well we can all take comfort in Aussy runs beginning to go in the right direction!

Frank, Qld was great for the first 12 months, made the mistake of admitting that,
    A, I was Victorian, and.
    B, I had spent many years in the Army.

Queens landers don't like Victorians and in the benevolent medical world I now work on don't take kindly to ex-Army types. In fact I was kicked out of RBH Emergency Department as I was 'to' militant and aggressive.
    I also upset the senior department trauma nurses by knowing more than them, you get that doing this shit in the places we did.

Meh, Im just a little pissed. Probably head down to Canberra or back to Vic in the next few months, my A40, Nailhead and all the 'bits' are down there.

Doc.

10. flatoz

flatoz

boo hoo, I would think there might be a few who would gladly do the above to be the pilot of a blown flathead roadster for about 10 hours.

Plus mr tough boy, who said they didn't need a beenie in a roadster as they had hair!:eek: 10 minutes down the road and he's complaining his ears are cold:D

And I didn't get my hands too dirty that is true. But I did, as you did ,have other things to do.

Kudos to Dave and Wayne for sorting out the details great day guys.

And Dave I think your Banger A surprised a lot of people as it hightailed it up to Heathcote without missing a beat and set the pace and a good pace it was too.

I was happy to get the roadster out for one last hurrah before winter and we got a perler of a day for it. It was actually nice to sit shotgun and enjoy the scenary for a change.

great to catch up with all and it was the cars and people who made the day for me.

Well bring on the next one when the weather is right or getting better anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Wow!!!!! You guys RULE...

12. Corey, Great Pictures!!!! I love the '32 Sedan w/Thickstun Covers! and of course, your Roadster!! Can't wait for you to come to the USA...there will be lots of Cruisin' to do!

13. It wasn't that my ears were cold......the wind was messing my hair!

14. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

:rolleyes::eek: Whats the matter Peddro :confused: At least your not the "Rod Rider"
    Anyone in this part of the world I know would have been happy to have driven Corey's Roadster for the day. :D:)

15. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Quite Correct there...... anyone would have jumped at the chance to drive this car.

Here is another look at the car in question along with the driver & owner, complete with Beenies & Warm Ears.

[​IMG]

16. You obviously like mini skirts or short shorts with the size of those cycle guards! :)

17. 63Compact

63Compact

Looks like a great day, sorry I couldnt make it. I took the Roadster to the Phillip Island historic races.

18. Matt Jones

Matt Jones

Fuck this! I'm moving to Melbourne...

19. rare32

rare32

looks like an awesome run....wish I could have flown over for it!!
    my car is still ther so I can go to the Geelong nationals.

Beau's tudor is the car that made me want a 32 tudor!

20. benflathead

benflathead

[​IMG]

Could someone tell me a bit of the history of this roadster??? Me ol man build one in 67 and we were told its now purple and still around.

Cheers, Ben

21. striper

striper

I only know a little bit. It belongs to Judy. She has had it for 20 years. I think before that it was owned by a member of the Spades. Someone else will chime in here.

22. yblock32

yblock32
    from Australia
    1. Cranksters

Now you mention that Steve , I remember it too. It used to have a sectioned '32 grille & run moon discs. I've got a photo of it at a CRA run at Mulwala in the early eighties.

23. That roadster of Judy,s was built in the sixties by a guy called Paul Wicks,it was channeled and painted purple back then and I,m sure it was y block powered. He lived in Oakliegh Melbourne where I grew up and its one of the first hot rods I saw as a kid I used to go to school with his little brother - I can remember thinking how cool it was when I was about 12 years old. I dont know what happened to it for a few years but in about 1975 a guy called Wolfman from the Spades bought it and competely rebuilt it, fitting the small block ford. Wolfman eventualy settled down and got himself a girl and married and it got sold to a little fat guy called Morris (i think that was his name) also in the Spades. He didnt drive it much and I think Judy bought it from him?

24. I remember seeing Judy during the early 90's driving her roadster pretty much everywhere. It was her only car for awhile! Every morning going to work I'd see her, rain hail or shine. Always great seeing the 34 out and about.

25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

is this how 34's look in Australia or am I missing something here???

[​IMG]

26. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

One of the best looking cars, if not the best, I've ever seen. Just absolutely gorgeous:eek::eek::eek:

Attached Files:

27. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looks like everything above the belt line is different. looks somewhat Plymouthy.

28. Pat Mesiti in Melbourne built this car...stunning rides that gets DRIVEN.

Its so nice - every time i see him I pester him to sell it to me haha !!

He tells me to "get in line"...yep, its that kinda car

Rat

29. Rok 51

Rok 51

I was talking to Judy at the run and she said the car was originally purple, but over the years changed colour.When she bought the car she liked purple and painted it, not realizing it was first painted that colour.
    She also said it was owned by a guy called Rocky (not me).

Rocky.

30. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

That will be fun. I recall Crusin in that Coupe of yours.

Corey, how about a heads up with how you organised this event as from what I hear so many enjoyed it there will be others wanting to do the same thing. How did you pre plan it and how did you do the invites ? Did you hand out a map or anything like that for the event ?