Register now to get rid of these ads!

AUCTION: Hot Rodding is Dead

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Darby, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Darby

Darby

Due to the overwhelming response to my little Hot Rodding is Dead video, I decided to make an auction out of it. Several people have PM’d me asking for a copy of it that they can save, so I figured I finally had something valuable to give back to the HAMB. I hang around here for tech and inspiration, and am grateful for both.

So here’s the deal: you are bidding on a DVD copy of Hot Rodding is Dead with two special extras. To make this more valuable, this is the only one like this I will make. That’s not to brush off the guys that have been PM’ing me—I just want to make sure this benefits the HAMB as much as possible. EXTRAS: I’ll include the video I made for Scarylarry with more footage of the 2005 Jalopy Showdown (I’ll try to get that up on YouTube soon too), and I will also include additional (rough and relatively unedited) footage of one of the events—the Nostalgia Drags, Jalopy Showdown, or Bonneville—the winner decides which one they want to see. My DVD authoring skills are crude at best, but I’ll make sure it at least works and has a pretty label on it. And wait, that’s not all! I’ll throw in a copy of my spoken word CD—it’s different material, closer to poetry than monologue/rant, but there’s some car stuff on it—“What Would Jesus Drive?” and “Von Dutch.” May not be your kinda thing, but if nothing else, you get a pretty coaster.

So that’s the deal. Bidding ends at midnight on December 13. Make arrangements with Ryan to pay, and when he tells me you’re good, I’ll drop you a PM to see what additional footage you want. It’ll probably take me a couple weeks to put it together and mail it. Bidding starts at the same price you can get Weekend at Bernie’s II at Blockbuster: $9.99. You decide if it’s worth anything more…

2. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

Illstart it at 20 bones. PS I actually do want your spoken word CD!!!:D

3. Darby

Darby

Bump for a sticky...

4. Ruiner

Ruiner

I love it, put me down for $35.

5. raven

raven

6. Darby

Darby

7. raven

raven

8. bob-n

bob-n

65 bux... momma wants it

9. Darby

Darby

Then Momma shall have it. Bob-n is the winner with the highest bid of $65. When I hear from Ryan that you're paid up, I'll get in touch with you on what content you want.

Thanks for bidding everybody--I'm glad I had the chance to give something back to the HAMB.

10. raven

raven

Rats!
    Sniped again!
    r