Register now to get rid of these ads!

Attn. east coast hamber's, I need relief!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jake H., Mar 17, 2004.

1. Jake H.

Jake H.

I just made the move from hell. 3,000 miles from Seattle to Connecticut in a 24' U-haul with a trailer carrying my '57 Pontiac. Oh yeah, my wife, baby boy, our dog, and two cats made it as well. Chased the U-haul with our station wagon. Now I ask myself, "Why in the middle of March did I do this?". Mainly, we wanted to be closer to family for our son's sake. And our Seattle landlord sold our house, so that kinda lit a fire. Now to my point: who is out here? Neither the wife or I have jobs right now. I had a company transfer go to hell on me and need to get on my feet before too much monkeyin' on cars. But it would be nice to meet some fellow hamber's out here. Being without a computer for nine days really made me realize how nice it is to have contact with some other people who have a clue. By the way, anyone here know how to get a Nascar license? I think driving my way out of a fishtail in a 24' truck with a 4,000 pound Pontiac on a trailer in the snow on a freeway constitutes something for my driving skills.

2. Hang in there Bro..., been there before!

First of all..., do you have a place to stay??? I hope you're not just driving around! (Even though it's great practice for NASCAR!)

Second.., what type of work are you looking for...?

Third..., Good news is that the Northern Drivers are the best for NASCAR! They learned to drive with plows in front!

But seriously..., is there anything (I/We) can do right now?

Mark

3. shoebox72

shoebox72

[ QUOTE ]
    Now to my point: who is out here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been here for 31 years. What town are you in? There are a few of us in the Bridgeport/New haven area that all hang around together. If you're close we can get together sometime I'm sure. I know I'll meet you at the Rumble in July.

Billy

4. Welcome to the northeast. You'll find at first people are cold and unfeeling here, but once you get to know us we're real assholes. [​IMG]

At least you made the trip safely.

What are you looking to do for work?

I don't know a hell of a lot of people in CT (I'm a masshole myself) but if there is anything I can do pm me or e-mail me.

Good luck, and remember YOU ALWAYS have the right of way, stop lights are really just requests, the only thing worse than a Mass driver is a driver from CT and this snow only lasts 'till June.

5. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

well, welcome to the right coast. good luck with work, what type are you looking for? spring is coming despite the white stuff on the ground. if you need anything, pm me. i'll do anything i can. i have a broken elbow right now but i'll help anyway...

6. u're a huge A-hole. haha... i'm glad you're gone! oh ya, thanks for inviting me to your going away party! i didnt wanna come anyways! luv ya deerly not queerly, hope it all works out for ya!

7. tootallrodder

tootallrodder
    Member Emeritus

Welcome to New England and Specifially Connencticut. Where abouts are you located? I'm in Western Ct. Newtown Specifically. Congratulations on completing your trip unscathed. Spring will be here soon, and with it comes car related outdoor events. Send me a private EMail if you want.

8. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

Welcome to New England. The economy is picking up and I know very few rodders who arent working at good jobs.

You have to put the last Sunday of the month from April thru October on your calendar. It is the Amherst, NH flea and mini show. Over 500 vendors, mostly tailgate types so you can find anything imaginable.
    Quite a few 50's Ponchos show up also.

I dont know all the Ct get togethers but I do get down that way 4-5 times a season. As well as ones in Taxachusetts.

9. Welcome to East Siiidee..

10. Welcome back East Hammy. I'm up here just over the border in Charlton Mass. Know tons of rodders down in CT 'cause that's were I'm from (well 40 years ago at least). The "season opener" is the TyRods swap meet at Stafford Springs Speedway April 4th, followed by the Conn St Rod Assoc swap meet in Bristol off Rt 229 at Lake Compounce (just past the ESPN headquarters) May 2nd.

Good luck on your job hunt.

11. Jake H.

Jake H.

Damn! Hamber's never fail to amaze me. I have had the most stressful month of my life (I hope) just get a little better by just reading the responses. If anything, the moral support will give me momentum. I am staying with family on my wife's side in Thompson, CT. I am literally on the border of Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Mass. We just loaded most of our belongings in storage in Worcester. I am trying to get a cable job since I worked for Comcast in Washington for five years. I can't wait to get out and stretch the old Pontoon's legs in New England.
    And as for you, Pete, Dave said not to let you attend my going away party because you'd show up with some underage ho and start making out on your motorsickle right in front of the family.

12. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

In addition to 286merc's list, you can ad the show/swap at the Fitchburg, Ma airport on April 18th. Big show and bigger swap.
    Weather permitting I'll drive my AV8 roadster up from Cape Cod.

Good luck on the job search.

13. truth

truth
    from Boston, MA

Hey man, if you ever want to come out to Boston, let me know and I'll bring ya around... there's plenty of events coming up in Spring/Summer out here, too.

14. CruZer

CruZer

Another welcome to the snowy Northeast,Hammy. I'm in northwestern Mass. up in the corner by Vermont and NY state.
    There's always a lot of car stuff going on around here.You just have to learn how to find it.Hope I can meet you sometime. Hey ,did you bring the snow with you ????I hope it wasn't a HAMBer that made us get dumped on.Again. [​IMG]

15. CruZer

CruZer

I just read your second post about working for a cable company. Try dishnetwork and Direct TV beside the normal cable companies for employment out here. There are a lot of rural areas around NE that rely on satelite for TV.

16. Gas_Tires_Oil

Gas_Tires_Oil

Welcome to CT Hammy. I live down in the S.East corner in Trumbull which is just north Bridgeport. It's nicer up where you are. Too crowded down near me. Glad to see you're into Pontiacs too. Definately hit the Stafford Springs meet and the Lake Compounce one as well. Get there early too. Cuz that's when it starts and the best deals are found. Good luck finding a job.

17. NoSurf

NoSurf

So ya wanna be a Nutmegger huh?

Welcome!

Thompson is a beautiful area. Plus the Motorspeedway is there. And you are pretty close to the Road Agents Show.

I am about 1 hr southeast of you, near America's First Resort.

I plan on having a cookout/clambake at my pad someday this Spring.

(that is if I don't move to Kansas first)

Jay (nosurf)

18. BUICKS38

BUICKS38

Glad to hear you made the trip safe. The snow won't be here for ever. ( I HOPE) It Won't be long you you will have all kinds of shit to do. There are a lot of cruise nights and swap meets. the swap meet in Amherst is a great swap. So ie the one in Fitchberg. I live in R.I. but you are only 1 hour from here . If you want to take a nice ride on a friday night head to Cumberland R.I. there is a great cruise night at the local Mc Donalds. As far as work. we have a co. called Cox they are in R.I. Look them up. They might be looking for some good people to work for them. Well good luck and hope top meet up with you.

19. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

hey hammy, welcome to the neighborhood man! you can never have too many rodders around. today is the first day of spring and the snow will be gone before ya know it. i too am located about an hour away from you in north attleboro, ma. which is about 10 miles north of providence and 30 miles south of boston. there's tons of great cruise nights around as well as shows like the road agents rockabilly rumble in july held in east hartford,ct., the summer nat's in worsester, ma. in july....just to name a couple. stay away from buicks38, that boy needs help! and nosurf is a guy with a very ambitious A project on his hands. hope to see ya around this spring and summer, the pontiac is drivable? haven't seen too many of those around these parts. got any pics you can post? best of luck man, hope it all works out for you! mike

20. Let me also give you a big East Coast welcome!( or is it a welcome back?).

CT.

21. Hammy- I resent that, they're not ho's.