Register now to get rid of these ads!

Attn: Aussie HAMBers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Psychobilly Boi, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Hi Guys,

This subject came up on another message board - what is the legal ramifications for running fendless rods, specificaly in VIC? Apart from making life hard for all the other rodders (i.e. bad image etc) and the risk from rocks doing damage to other rides there was no actual info on what Mr Plod is going to do to you.

Has anyone ever been done? Defect notice? Fine? Defect notice with a Road Worthy Certificate to clear..?

This is interesting becuase alot of people do it.

Danny P

2. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

i know it was a canary a few years back(yellow defect notice) dont think there was a fine...but roadworthys are practically a fine!
    best bet is to ring the filth and ask to speak to someone in the t.o.g. (traffic operations group)theyre the homos that buzz around in hot commodores with fluoro paint-supposedly they have to have inside out knowledge of road law.

3. autocol

autocol

almost definitely a 'major defect', only rectifiable with a roadworthy certificate... not speaking from experience, well i mean i have had a car defected before, but not because of no fenders... you will almost certainly get a major defect without them though, i would think...

4. Is it really worth the hassle of constantly looking over your shoulder to see who's watching you. And besides hows your insurance going to go when you take out that brand new beemer. Insurance companies don't like unroadworthy cars. Just ask all the people my wife had to take to court and send broke all from doing dum shit and voiding or not even having 3rd party. AAMI and the rest are all relentless when it comes to sueing the other person.No body looks cool with the ass out of the pants and walking every where.