Register now to get rid of these ads!

Attention Austin HAMBers!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KreaturesCCaustin, Feb 25, 2009.

1. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

A friend of mine was supposed to get some hot rods to show up and park in front of the Mean Eyed Cat bar (1621 W 5th St) tomorrow night (Thursday) for a Johnny Cash tribute show, but the guy he had helping him with that couldn't come through for whatever reason. He said that he needs about 4-5 traditional hot rods or customs out front by 7pm. The first 4 that show up will get free cover. Can you HAMBers come through for him? Besides helping out a fellow car guy, you'd also get free admission to a cool show. He prefers to have some pre-war stuff, but anything up to about 63 is cool, too. I'm going anyway, since I never get to see any of you guys at D&D because of my work schedule. Help a brother out? Feel free to call my cell at 512-366-2504 if you can make it and I'll make sure he reserves a spot for ya.

Thanks
    Dart

2. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Damn..... no one replied to this? I thought some of you guys would dig going to a Johnny Cash tribute show for free and an opportunity to drive the hot rods on a nice night. I know it's a school night, but damn...:D

3. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

4. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

The 63 is cut up right now, and my other car is a 67.

but that don't mean we might not show up any damn way.:D

5. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Hell, bring the '67. For some reason, no one is wanting free door to this show. I thought Austin rodders would be down for this. Hm...

6. geemann51

geemann51

Is this Cashed Out by any chance? If so, I highly recomend it.

Sorry, Dart, I'd make if I could, but the 51 is still getting fixed up and I'm out to the westcoast for a swapmeet.

The MEC is one of my favorite laid back watering holes by the way. Used to be a saw blade sharpening outfit....

7. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

He told me the bands, but I forgot who they were. One of the guys playing used to play back up for Johnny and Rosanne back in the day. That much I do know.

8. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

I'll be at work.

9. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

bttt for the morning guys...

10. BLAKE

BLAKE

I'd be there if I could... I dig the Mean-Eyed Cat... but got an over-full plate right now.

11. hotrod13

hotrod13
    from Austin, TX

crap!!!! sorry i missed this. sherry and I have been hangin' at THE CAT since the beginning. always wanted to get a regular cruise night there... but they lost about 90% of the front lot to developments.