Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Attention all North Dakota H.A.M.B.ers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr Mayo, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Mr Mayo

Mr Mayo
    from Huff, ND

Senate Bill 2166 has come out of the Transportation Committee with a DO PASS recommendation. SB2166 essentially bans all vehicles from public roads in ND which have any modification from the manufacturer's original design of the steering, braking, or suspension systems. The bill also allows the D.O.T. Director a lot of unspecified latitude in interpreting what is allowed and what is not. The bill also bans any tires of greater diameter than original, unless they meet the "Director's requirements".

The sponsor of the bill, Senator Dave Oehlke, admitted to me in an email that the focus of the bill is lifted and modified trucks, but unfortunately the fallout will affect us all. The full text of the bill is found here: http://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/64-2015/documents/15-0376-02000.pdf?20150210130245

SB2166 is scheduled to come before the State Senate, but I haven't been able to determine when. Since the crossover date is Feb. 27th, I urge all ND members to contact your Senators and express your opinion on this bill as soon as possible.

2. 327Eric

327Eric

All Hambers should be concerned about this, in any State!!!!!!!! Contact SEMA too.!!!!!!!

3. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

It doesn't seem to distinguish between those licenced within the state or those just driving through either. This bill appears to impact anyone crossing the state line with a modified vehicle so maybe some out of state representation is required as well.

4. Dak Rat

Dak Rat
    from NoDak

This same type of bill was introduced last session in an attempt to rein in those late model "monster trucks" that all the oil field ruff-necks think are so cool. It was defeated after the North Dakota Street Rod Assn. lobbied against it. Hopefully It will be defeated or changed this time as well.

5. TomH

TomH

NDSRA is aware and working on it. If your not a member of NDSRA you should join for this very reason.

6. Mr Mayo

Mr Mayo
    from Huff, ND

Thanks, Tom. I'm glad the NDSRA is on top of it, and I am sending my application for membership today.
    Awareness to legislation like this must be made across all auto enthusiast groups and interests.