Register now to get rid of these ads!

Atlanta-area HAMBer shot!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OGNC, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Where are we at with this?
    I'm in New England this week, tryinhg to make it back by the weekend. Are we going to have a table set up at the swap?

2. Anybody along the I-85 / 77 / 81 / 78 corridor that would like to donate items for the auction...I'd be happy to collect them on my way north.
    Traveling 495 / 84 / 91 / 95 and I-85 on the return trip.
    Lets show 'em what the HAMB is all about.

My cell is 404-408-4423
    If you are willing to donate it, I am willing to haul it...as long as it fits on my truck.

3. slamdpup

slamdpup

We want to thank everyone for the kind words and there prayers. All the prayers that have went out to us have really worked because Eddie is at home now and doing much better. I guess I will start with how it happened......We had repoed the car and was leaving the apartment complex, the guy was standing in the road at the entrance of the apartments. As we where passing by him he yelled out "thats my fucking car" which it was not his car we believe it was his girlfriends car but we are not sure yet because know one has been arrested for it. Then he pulled the gun up and started shooting at us. Eddie pushed me in the floor and when he was ducking the bullet went through the back window and hit him on the top left hand side of the head. The bullet went in hit his skull and then came out. When that happened the skull fragments went into his brain which the results of that where like he had a stroke. So the whole right side of his body was paralyzed. And he blackout. Then in the process of all that his foot went to the floor to cause the truck to exccelerate very quickly and with him blacked out we took down about 100 yards of chain link fence and we went between a big oak tree and a fence post then we hit a 4 foot concrete porch on a house. I blacked out a couple of times my self I dont remember hitting the house. I remember yelling for help and someone passing us and then they keep going then I remember yelling for someone to help and Eddie trying to calm me down and I was trying to rub the blood off of Eddie's face to see what had happened, then I remember the cops and paramedics there. Eddie said the last thing he remembers was the blood dripping from the seat to the floor he said it sounded like a water faucet dripping. He was in Grady Hospital for 25 days. He got out of ICU but then had some complications then had to go back to ICU for about 3 days. He got out of Grady July 10 then he went to Emory Rehab until July 25. So he is at home now doing much better even though he is still in a wheel chair. He is moving his arm now like normal. His leg is moving good but he still cant move his ankle or his toes. His muscles in his leg have not built up good enough to be able to walk good. He can walk on a walker but not real good and not for long distances. Again, we can't thank you guys enough for your thoughts and prayers. Thanks to all.

4. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I'm really glad you guys are still around. Best wishes to you.:)

5. wc chopper

wc chopper

good to hear you are getting better but we will still be praying for you and your family. Godspeedy recovery

peace

6. slamdpup

slamdpup

heres a pic of the tow truck after hitting the porch

Attached Files:

7. roadracer

roadracer

i havent had a chance to meet you guys yet, but we were all thinking of you when it happened. hope you both get through this ok.

will you be going to dixie fried for some r&r?

8. If you decide to go to Dixie Fried, I'm the first to volunteer to push you around for a while.

9. slamdpup

slamdpup

thanks but im gonna try my ass off to be walking alot better by then..atleast with a cane

10. What did they do to the asshole that shot you? I hope he has been charged with attempted murder with no chance of making bail. He should be fried.

11. Fitysix

Fitysix
    from Md.

Missed this when it happened. I am saying prayers for your speedy recovery and for whatever justice needs to come. Good that you have made it this far shows your metal ....good for you both!
    Fitysix

12. Wow. I'm so glad you're still here to tell the tale.

When I declared bankruptcy, I had a car repoed. We knew it was coming, hell the guy had a Coke in my kitchen while I got my plate off and CD's out. ;)

I hope both of your recoveries continue to go well. And they hang the bastard that shot at you.

Jay

13. shiftonthefly1

shiftonthefly1
    from Las Vegas

Just saw this. What a shit deal man. I hope you and yours find a way to move forward. I hope the dirt bag rots in hell for this. Good luck with rehab.

14. wow I am speachless. Thank god you are getting better.

15. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Glad to hear it has turned out as well as it has for you and the healing continues. Tough job to do, tougher when the idiots think a car is worth more than a life.

16. slamdpup

slamdpup

no arrest have been made yet ...i was in the ghetto...you know how that goes .. know one seen nothing..

17. slamdpup

slamdpup

i cant think you guys enough for the thoughts and prayers..

18. LEECOUNTYRODS

LEECOUNTYRODS
    from Dixon, IL

Prayers go out to you both!!

19. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Glad you are on your way to a full recovery. You are both really fortunate.

Keep up the good news.

20. Thoughts and prayers. Keep fighting.