Register now to get rid of these ads!

Asto Supreme wheels any problems?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nitrohonkey, May 20, 2009.

1. I have always liked the 5 spoke astro supreme wheels, but I remember people having problems with them cracking. Are the wheels improved? Has anyone had any problems with these wheels?

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I had problems getting mine balanced. they had to break the bead and reposition the tire so they didn't have to put a shitload of weigh in one spot.

don't have enough miles on them to speak of any cracking or other problems

3. No issues here. The only problems I had in the beginning was trying to get them to sit flush with the center caps on and the unilug, but that sorted out quite easily.

4. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

There are a bunch of different makes of Supremes. The 'problem' wheels weren't reinforced behind the spokes. Generally, I think the reinforced Supremes aren't bad but I'd for sure steer clear of the ones without the extra plate.

5. RacerRick

RacerRick

How do you tell the difference? There are sets for sale on ebay all the time for cheap and I would sure hate to get burned.

6. Albie

Albie

U.S. Wheel makes a copy cat. My buddy has 'em. Never checked the back of them for any plates, but he's rolled on them for a good year and half with no cracking problems, but the chrome doesnt seem that deep in spots. They look similar to the Astro's with the exception of the center caps.

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  7. MilesM

MilesM

I have had balance problems on a set with gusset plates on the back of the spoke. Have not cracked them yet!

8. ryno

ryno

look at where the spoke meets the hoop.

9. Nomadness

Nomadness

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Allied has the gussets. Quality issues, weld splatter can be pretty bad leaving pits in chrome. Hard to get in my part of country. After tire store damaged 3 of 4 of the first set I got and Coy's wheels sent me some crappy ones and I had to file a credit card dispute, I gave up and am just going to keep the car stock.

10. Thanks for all the responses!

11. ryno

ryno

i just got the knock on the door from the UPS man. he brought me the new super supreme wheel from newstalia wheel. i ordered them up from Howard, good dude, did what he said, which is hard enough to find these days. they are bolt pattern direct fit wheels, so you can use a regular lug nut, and are fully welded with a guesset.

im super pumped on my super supremes!!

call howard at newstalgia and get you a set.

Attached Files:

12. Nomadness

Nomadness

The Super Supremes are not made in 14 inch sizes.