Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ASRA Vintage Weekend (add your pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TomCat 1, Sep 25, 2010.

1. TomCat 1

TomCat 1

Just got back from a fun day at the American Streetrod Assoc Vintage Weekend at Rantoul Illinois. I could only go for Saturday and I had to park by the front gate in my '57 Chevy but I didn't care. I chose to support their pre'49 organization even tho mine wasn't road worthy yet. I usually do James Dean this weekend but this looked fun and was alot closer to home. I drove the '57 because after all half the fun is in the cruise there. I think the NSRA really screwed up and even tho I'll keep my membership I'll also continue to seek out new shows to go too. What a great car show, air show, and the old car photo sesions were Kool. Add some of your photos to this thread too.............

Attached Files:

2. TomCat 1

TomCat 1

A few more pics

Attached Files:

3. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Thanks for the posting your pics. Nothing better than vintage cars and old planes.

4. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Great pics. I had an awesome time. The air show was really fun to watch and the museum was cool to go through as well. I hear next year that are going to have flag start nostalgia drags on the runway!

Anybody got pics of that bad ass 33/34 Ford Sedan? It was orange. Wish I would have got a chance to look at it more.

Attached Files:

5. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

This was a pretty cool show, not bad for an inaugural. There were a few nice hot rods there. The pre 49 guys should stick together and support each others shows regardless of street or hot. This was a great place to put on a show, Rantoul did a fine job, even offered a hanger to put the cars out of ad weather in case it came, which is great if you get hail.
    this show had a friendlier less pro car vibe. It was nice, hope to see it grow. Next year I hope they have the Bi Plane rides again.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  6. The air show was unbelievable! I don't know about the pilots, but it scared the s--- out of me just watching. They did everything they could to knock those planes out of the air.
    I didn't get any photos of the wing walker, but picture that he was on the lower wing, then the upper wing, then back to the lower wing while they were in the air!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Looks like a good time! Hopefully I can bring the coupe next year.

8. yngrodder

yngrodder

Nick the Sedan was Kerry's and it is a pretty cool looking car probably one of my favorites there.

9. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Ya thats what you where tellin me Mel. I didn't get a chance to take any pictures of it.

10. bigsam63

bigsam63

Thanks mel thought my car was your fav,LOL It was a cool show and kerrys car is cool as hell i'd never seen it befor or one like it the chop was bad ass.We will be back at this show next year.

11. TomCat 1

TomCat 1

I heard they might have drags next year,,,,,,anyone know for sure?

12. yngrodder

yngrodder

I heard the same info maybe John will give us more info !!!