Register now to get rid of these ads!

~ ART ROD owner is in the house ~

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by POPEYE2U, Oct 4, 2006.

1. POPEYE2U

POPEYE2U

Hello everyone. It is official, I am a member. :) You are asking yourself, "What is a ART ROD?" Well, it is a combination of Artist and Streetrod = ART ROD. That is just the basic name of the car. The car itself is a fully re-engineered, altered 1937 Ford. "So what"?,you still ask? Well, this 1937 Ford has a mission. The car was built for several reasons. First, it was a long term goal of mine to design a way that I could drive a CQQL car from my electric wheelchair. I am a C- 4,5 quad . I broke my neck in a trampoline accident many years ago. I remain in a electric wheelchair with limited movement. This car alows me full accessibility in and out of the car by myself....while still remaining in my wheelchair. Secondly, I am a Artist and a Art educator. The car is like a beautiful piece of rolling sculpture. I use the car to go to various Schools that I teach art at. ( I am a short term artist-in-residence ). As I teach art to the young students I interject thoughts of setting goals in life, dreaming, and most of all setting a "CAN DO" attitude towards life's challenges. (we all have them ). So, basically the car ( ART ROD ) is a catalyst for the possibilities within each of us. The car has been going to underserved Schools in central IL for 10 years now! A non profit organization was started 10 yrs ago which supports the ART ROD and supports Schools by getting quality Art supplies to these underserved Schools. To learn more about me and the ART ROD Foundation check us out at;
    www.artrodfoundation.com :) Besides teaching, I am a full time professional Artist. My Artwork is very bright ,colorful, tactile, and I use sheet metal from old automobiles as my canvas. These car parts do NOT look like car parts when I have completed a piece. I just love cars so much that it is just natural to utilize the sheet metal and then adding my designs to it. After I get my new computer I will post some of my art. Glad to be on here.
    POPEYE2U

2. I am inspired to get off my duff and do more just because of the things you have overcome. Thanks for posting, Chip.

3. POPEYE2U

POPEYE2U

~~Yo, Chip- thanks. But we all have challenges man.:eek: "It is what how you react to the challenge that defines who you are."
    So, yes do something positive for yourself and others ~Today~ ;)
    POPEYE2U

4. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

welcome, and please do post the art and pics of the car, I would love to see them.

Now is a perfect time (thursday/friday), there is an art show thread every week about this time.

Later

5. POPEYE2U

POPEYE2U

:eek: I will be posting pictures as soon as we get the new computer installed.
    There are plenty of images coming. Gimme; a few dayz. :rolleyes:

6. guiseart

guiseart

Great... that's all we need... another "artist"... Welcome man! :)