Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Arrow 775H Headlight...HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seadog, May 26, 2016.

1. I've spent the last two days trying to figure out how to reassemble a set of Arrow Headlights. I've had these lights for almost 10 years. I took them apart long ago then decided to go with Guides on another project. They sat on the shelf until about a month ago when I decided to use them on my Brookville roadster build. I had the buckets painted along with the rest of the car.

Now I'm deep into wiring and I need to button up the headlights. For the life of me I can't remember how these damn things go together. There's an inner ring that is held in with some metal clips. How do these clips go and how does it all fit together is the question? I've tried about every way possible without success.

Here's the headlight bucket...
    Arrow light rings.jpg
    Here's the inner ring that I'm trying to fit into the bucket & secure with the retaining clip
    s...
    Arrow light rings-3.jpg
    The red arrow points to the retainers, there are 4 of them per light...
    Arrow light rings-2.jpg
    Finally, there's the chrome trim ring that goes around the outside of the whole thing once the headlight is in. I know how that goes on; specifically I need to know how the metal clips in photo #3 attatch.
    Arrow light rings-4.jpg
    Somebody out there must know how these things go together. I've seen the HAMB come up with some pretty good answers to off the wall questions; I hope somebody knows the answer to this one. A picture(s) of how this goes together would be great! Thanks.-Tom

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Those wire clips are to hold the glass lense in the rings,,,rims then holds all together with the bottom screw

hipster likes this.
  3. Thanks guys. Still having trouble figuring this out.

4. badshifter

badshifter

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

6. Tom,I wish I was there,I could have you fixed up in minutes.

I went through the same thing with the wagon,the headlight rings attach the same way.

when you finally figure it out you will be pissed at yourself because it's so easy,but I fought with it for days.

It's hard to explain but the above photo is correct.I will add that the clips are spring steel and it take flexing them to get them in place. HRP

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    lothiandon1940 and hipster like this.
  7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Trouble with the 'simple assembly' is the bias of the wire, due to its shape. I use a 4" vise grip, to resist the 'twist' when slipping them in the slot between the lens and the bezel. Just grab it on one leg, and insert the 'free leg' first. :rolleyes:

falcongeorge and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  8. The wire clips hold the sealed beam to the chrome trim ring.

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

The headlight has to go in the bucket first, by the sounds of what you are saying, and the fact that theres no headlight in your photos, maybe thats what you're missing here? Checked your blog, nice car...
    [​IMG]

10. I GOT IT!!!! Thanks everybody. I'm ashamed to admit what I finally had to do.
    I gave in and went to a truckers supply shop that sells lights like this and asked the parts manager to show me how they go together. He didn’t know either! BUT he very graciously called the manufacturer and talked to someone there who talked us through the steps. ‘Big thanks to Long Trailer & Body Service in Greenville, SC for bailing me out.
    Like most things these days, it was so simple it plum eluded me; proving again that my talent for making simple things complex is alive and well!
    Arrow light rings SUCCESS.jpg

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    48fordnut and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. Good Deal ,believe me your not the only one to do some serious head scratching when dealing with this type of dilemma. HRP

12. Been there, done that..........spent hours trying to figure out something that turns out to be the essence of simplicity. Don't feel alone, Tom. Great lights by the way. I've always liked the Arrows. I think they're much under-appreciated, perhaps overshadowed somewhat by the various Guides, BLC's and King Bees.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. ....................I can handle the pressure.:D;)

14. bchctybob

bchctybob

Thanks for the thread Seadog, I have a pair on the shelf that I'll be using soon, now I'll know what to do!

15. I've done it a few times !

16. Somebody get ambitious and make a Youtube 'How To' vid.
    Generations of hot rodders will thank you.

17. This thread is 4 years old....:cool:

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

19. It’s all good! I hope Gary is able to find what he needs. Just illustrates the awesome power of the HAMB.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020