Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are you ready for Winter?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodRon2, Oct 15, 2008.

1. striper

striper

wooohoooo....roll on the Aussie summer

:( shit....my car's still not done

2. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

I worked so much that I didn't have time to stop and enjoy summer. So my short and sweet answer is NO!! Not ready.

3. What time does it start??

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  4. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

That poor cocker spaniel looks like somebody fed it a bunch of ecstasy.

But seriously are we ever REALLY ready for winter?

5. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

Not Yet.

Heading to Cuba on the 18th for a week.

[​IMG]

and then when I return I will store the three lovely ladies

[​IMG]

Bowser
    Baker and
    Betsy

6. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Winter sucks...but I have a new project so will be too busy to notice this year.

7. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Oh yeah, bring it on! I don't mind Winter, there's so much good stuff to do during winter. Seems like so many people are afraid of some snow and cooler temps!!! It starts for me by going up to the U.P. and deer camp, always snow and good, for hunting, temps in Nov. up there. Then we can do all the things in the shop that we've been too busy to do all summer. I'm starting a new project and look forward to all the time I can spend in the shop; just need a Model A frame to get started. Once the rivers and lakes freeze up it's ice racing time. They put on drag races about a half mile from my house, on a frozen river. All kinds of winter vehicles participate and there's alway a huge crowd. The snow is beautifull and driving is kinda fun if you know how. Shit, I'll take cool temps and snow over hurricanes, snakes, bugs, earthquakes, wildfires and, 90 degree temps any day. Just put some clothes on and go ENJOY the weather!!! :)

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I didn't move far enough south to escape, but it'll be ok.... it was 80 yesterday.

9. hell yeah im ready for some nice cool weather..

10. seatex

seatex

yep, I'm ready. I've gotta' half-cord of wood for heat, a pile of cedar for the fire pit outside, but the best part I can hang an extra 6 pak of Lonestar on the wall in the shop and won't have to walk all the way back to the house for a cold one......:cool:

11. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Here ya there,got my trucks ready to go!

Good to see ya last weekend Dallas,I've been working on my wood pile and getting ready garage time. That Olds looked good going down the road!

12. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

YEA! ready for winter. Time to take a break from the shows and get the LaSalle going.

B

13. DAMN YOU! :D Ready for winter? Not by a long shot........

14. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

15. 31whitey

31whitey

Winters my favorite time in Wilmington.

Its like Fall the whole time.

16. I'm looking forward to it. Nice cooler temps so I can get something done! In New Jersey I hated winter now in Florida I look forward to it! Still mid 80s now but by Christmas we hope for some 60s/70s maybe 50s in Jan. Feb !

17. jimb0

jimb0
    BANNED

im down with winter.

18. Movinman

Movinman

I'm with billandbeaufort on this one! Bring the winter on! We need some cooler temperatures down here in the tropics!

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

No..ive been running like crazy to keep caught up..need to find Trees cut down Trees, truck wood, split wood, load wood..and all this with all the other shit i have to do..fuck winter

20. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Winter sucks! Anytime I have to put away the shorts it's too cold for me. Damn, only 9.5 years til retirement then I'm southbound!

21. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

not to change the subject, but is that engine in your avatar at one of those old mining camps in the hills above pasadena/altadena.... dawn mine? and yes, it has been gettin a wee bit nippy at night. hoorah for thermals!

22. kopis

kopis

23. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

if i can find a decent heater i will be working on the coupe... gettin some lil shit done, paint the frame etc... im kinda excited to pop the body off... but who knows... i get lazy for sure

24. kookee

kookee

No! I have the furnace, but no project......

25. O yea,,,,, can't wait for dirty snow...

26. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Damn right winter sucks but I have another 12 years before I get the hell outta here. I hate the cold and having to put the 55 away and I really hate snow, ice, road salt and assholes that can't drive on it

27. Pete1930

Pete1930
    from Boston

That's the only part that bothers me -- Everyone else. :eek: Some people up here are downright stupid in the snow. Some want to drive 20 mph because it's snowing, and some want to still drive 90 mph. I'm not sure which one is more dangerous.

Pete

28. Winter means wear a jacket in the roadster and less chance of sunburn.

29. Billet

Billet

Not yet, still checking how much it'll cost to ship my toys to AZ!

30. sixinarow

sixinarow
    from Fargo, ND

Not at all, I'm up near the Fargo yah. Oh well, maybe I can save money this winter and get my project goin come spring.