Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Are you a outcast in your neighborhood?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dsiddons, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Nemosgarage

Nemosgarage

My buddy lives in a cookie cutter community, every house looks the same along with rules and regulations that are confining. He has been there a year and now feels like he is trapped. Get out while you can and live a normal life.

2. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

I live on 3.5 acres, backing on another 100 acres, farm across the road. I grew up living dowtown, I'll never go back to downtown/suburbs, I'm not an outdoors guy but I just love the fact that I really don't have to worry about neighbors.

Fences make good neighbors, acreage makes GREAT neighbors.

3. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

you mean like this?
    [​IMG]
    I try not to wonder what my neighbors think!
    TP

4. SpottedLizard

SpottedLizard

My compressor runs until 10PM. Some real obnoxious noises and smells emanate from my garage. Nobody complaints, I am the got to guy if you need a jump, tail light bulb, air in your tires, to borrow a tool. Communication is the key, I am lucky, I have great neighbors.

5. SpottedLizard

SpottedLizard

I had a 68 Chevelle parts car in front of my house for 2 years, then a 49 Hudson for a year, I was more afraid of my neighbors running into them and damaging their cars than anything else. I have great neighbors.

6. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

OT here but your house is more of a liability unless it makes you money directly or indirectly by way of use.

7. unkamort

unkamort

I lived in the Haight for 45 years, lots of changes in that time and a whole new ethic seems to have popped up in the kids of my generation. California in general, and SF in particular has become a very un 'car friendly' place. Now-a-days if you are a crazy ass hot roder you are a miens to the neighbor hood, but if you are a crazy ass Artist you suddenly become 'colorful'. This became a running joke in my mind, and I would chalk "ART?" on the back of my truck cab when it was exposed to the street. As things progressed I made the plate below. Kept the green meanies away for the most part.

Attached Files:

8. What irritates me is folks who buy supposively because they like the area. Then as soon as they get there they want to change things to be just like where they just came from. My eyesores are plainly visible. if you dont like it dont buy in the vicinity. I was here first.

9. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Two of my vehicles are loud. I try not to start them early in the morning but when I do, I use block heaters so that they are fully warmed before they start and there is no throttle blipping to keep them running, and then I get on my way as soon as I can. I also own the only snow-blower on the street, so that helps...