Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Are you a member of car club and what year was it established?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 14, 2015.

1. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I really wish there was a club around me, I would like to have some club mates who understand.
    There are some Hot rodders in Denmark who gets the Traditional thing, we care so much about. But most of then is part of a club that don't take new members, or they are too fare away for us to do anything together.

But I relay heavely on my dad and my brother!
    They don't get the traditional hot rod thing, but they care very much about good craftmanship, and delivers every time! They understand what it is, but they care more about building driving and do improvements to what you got, regardless of era.

But maybe I a could start a club with them.

2. Iron Dog

Iron Dog
    from Minnesota

Located in the heart of the Red River Valley of the north, the "Valley Cruisers", Ada, MN. Founded in 2000. Small club, big on fun.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. "I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member"-Groucho Marx
    I do belong to a club, but I'm a newbee in it, so I'll let another member on here tell about it, if he chimes in.

4. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

L.A.Roadsters,----Formed in 1957.

5. DC40

DC40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We started a car club while I was stationed at Ft. Stewart in Hinesville, Ga in 1968 called the Stewart Stockers, it was mostly dragracers getting together to have a great time and race when we could. I don't know if it lasted past 1968 as I got out of the service and moved out of the area. We had some nice hot rods during that time.

6. Lone Wolf! 1946

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

VINTAGE TIN SRC ----Chicago area. Founded Oct. 1970. We will have our 45th year reunion banquet on Nov. 7th, looking to make contact with former members. BILL RINALDI

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie
    from Ohio

I'm a member of the Flywheels Car Club of Marion,Ohio which was an NHRA Charter Club that was established in 1955.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. Interceptors Edgewood, A local club of 9 guys on Edgewood Ave. in Pewaukee Wisconsin . Started by my Dad in 1956. I got my Plaque in 58 when I was 10 and wore it on my bike until I got my first car when I was 15. I just took it off my roadster two months ago when I sold it, wore that on a lot of cars over the last 50 plus years. I believe I'm the only member left. 000009.jpg int. edgewood.jpg

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Man, for decades I had a legal size envelope FULL of old decals, lost it when I moved here about 6 yrs ago. It had a pair of original GVSM waterslides I'd never used, as well as a pair of MINT Western Accessories water-slides, and a bunch of more common stuff. I still keep hoping that envelope will turn up, but Im pretty sure its gone...:( man, I'd LOVE to have those Western Accessories decals for the 1/4 windows of my '65 falcon...

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

. Mel Rose also was a Charter Member of the P-Town Push Rods (Pleasanton, CA) that started in 1995.

HOTRODPRIMER and Dave Mc like this.
  12. AKGrouch

AKGrouch

I belong to 2. Midnight Sun Street Rod Assn was established in Anchorage in 1974 and incorporated in 1979. I also belong to the 49th State Street Rodders, located in the Matanuska Valley area about 40 miles north of Anchorage. but don't know when they were estalished

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. millersgarage

millersgarage

HEADERS out of Lansing MI.
    Established 1955

@DeucePhaeton can fill you in on the details

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I have belonged to the Classy Chassis Car Club in Red Oak Iowa since 1976 when the club was established. I was 7 years old when my dad joined. The club was formed after the first Old Car Day show was held. This coming year will be the 40th annual show.

57 HEAP and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  15. raymay

raymay

Rochester Street Rods started in 1970. My Brother and I joined in 1972.

IMG_6201.JPG IMG_6195.JPG

16. PEWAUKEE? I grew up there graduated in 98" moved out when I was done with school. That's crazy you have blown my mind I would love to hear some old stories I know a lot about that town old days anyway.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Camsnappers Newburyport,Mass. Established March 1952 by Jere Sheehan, our president, his brother Bob, and a few others. "We are the good old days"

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. gary terhaar

gary terhaar
    from oakdale ny

Pushrods Islip Est. 1957. 8 members 2 founding, presidents brother was a founding member,passed and he kept the name going.
    Sometime in the 70s a member started a chapter in Connecticut. I haven't met those guys yet.
    Meetings are when we see each other,no drama,no bs.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. Most clubs that have been around that long have never had problems with drama or BS. HRP

dana barlow and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. 20th Century Chevy

20th Century Chevy

20th Century Chevy out of Washington, IN. It was started in 1970 and we now have 71 members. We have a car show the 3rd weekend in September, with a cruise through town on Saturday evening and then the show is on Sunday. We usually have around 500 cars show up. Next year will be the 39th Annual car show. Hellzapoppin.jpg

volvobrynk and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  21. roundvalley

roundvalley

NOMADS- Napa, Cal. 1955. I maybe the last.

Attached Files:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. Myself and about 5 other guys started this club in 1963. It's still going.

zzCalaverasCoachmen_SanAndreas.jpg

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. Also started this one with half a dozen guys (including the legendary pin striper Steve Feinberg) about 1957. Can't find any current info so assume it folded.

zzGriffins_SWLA.jpg

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. walter

walter

Lone Wolf Club. I bought the plaque in 89 and have been a member since 1994!! Meetings are short and I always get my way.

Atwater Mike and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  25. I understand car clubs are not for everyone,but at one time the were very common in the big cities and rural America and offered hot rodders & custom guys access to parts & shared knowledge.

The car clubs today are more often about friend ships and socializing than anything else. HRP

LOU WELLS and volvobrynk like this.
  26. walter

walter

That is absolutely correct! I was a member Midwest Street Rod Association East Central Chapter for a great number of years and held many of the offices and traveled many miles flying the colors. (Still Have The Jacket) The club started being more about membership, being equal, driving late models and talking about the cars they never worked on than building HOT RODS. After relocating to Kansas I lost interest for a period of time but since I found the HAMB I am back at it. I hang with some of the early V8 guys and that what seems to fit know.
    Walter

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

I'm a member of the Portsmouth Street Rod Association in VA. The club started in 1974 and still has a number of original members. PSRAlogo.JPG
    PSRAlogo.JPG DSC01885.JPG
    I'm pleased to report that we're still having fun with old cars and trucks. The members are a great source of information and help as well as great friends. I can't believe it has been so long since that first meeting on July 3, 1974.
    BTW, we've cut the "25 years" off the decal! Dang, we're in our 42nd year now!!
    Some of the guys have gotten older but nearly all have stayed young at heart!
    Young Al

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  28. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Mmmmmaybe.
    Established 1996, ( or was it '95.........).
    Plaque in my avatar.

Edit:It was '06.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I belong to the Spartans est. 1959 and is a Gopher state timing assn member club

volvobrynk and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  30. I'm seeing a lot of clubs that have been around for decades,but also noticed newer clubs. HRP

volvobrynk likes this.