Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are there any good sandblasters around the GTA?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VirgilHilts, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Specifically for small items. I have a set of spindles I want cleaned up and I'm looking for a place that is car guy friendly and doesn't mind small jobs for a reasonable price. I'm going to bite the bullet and get a cabinet myself but this is for something I need fairly quickly and I don't have the space yet to set up my own shit yet! Thanks!:D

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Most starter/alternator shops have a bead blast cabinet ... as do most machine shops.

Clean them GOOD ... no grease or junk ... and most of the shops will blast them for a small fee ... or at least they do around here ...

3. I think I may try that idea. Thanks!

4. RacerRick

RacerRick

You need to get in good with a machine shop. My guy in thornhill does it in his shop.

5. Flatman

Flatman

Hey Stu,
    If you can get them to me we have glass or steel bead blasters at work and I can do them for ya gratis.

Flatman

6. meteor

meteor

There is a place in Mississauga (I think) where you can blast your own stuff. You can rent blast cabinets by the hour. I'll have to dig up the info. Haven't used them yet but I did call once to get prices and business hours.

I'll let you know...

7. meteor

meteor

Okay, here's the info;

- Don't need an account, pay by cash or Visa
    - Rates are $30-$35/hour depending on what cabinet/media you use

Ritchey Supply
    [email protected]
    1036 Matheson Blvd. Miss. (Dixie and Matheson) Side Entrance

8. Thanks guys,

Thanks for the offer Flatman. Looks like I have a few avenues to explore. Time is my enemy at the moment.

How's the car coming along Flatman?