Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are 32-34 Ford frontends the same...?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Junkyard Dog 32, Feb 22, 2007.

1. I've had a front axle and bones for sale for awhile, and just listed it on "another site". It came from a '34 and I was told they were the same as '32 so I listed it as such. I've had a couple of people ask and I thought I should find out for sure, as not to mis-represent the thing.

Does anyone know if there are any differences in width or radius arm length...etc...?

Thanks,

JOE:cool:

2. mecutem

mecutem

The wishbone is shorter on the 33/34 front Joe. 32 is 47 1/2 overall I think and 33/34 is 3/4 inch shorter. I may have those numbers wrong but they are different. Steve

3. Thank you, Steve...

Is the rest pretty much unchanged from '32...?
    If so, I suppose a guy could cut the yoke off and add a bit to the ends of the tubes to make it fit a '32...?

4. mecutem

mecutem

I think the spindles and brakes were the same 32-36. The axles the same 32-36 except the heavy 32 axle. The 32 wishbone brings about twice the money the 33/34 bone does. I can measure a 32 bone here and get you the lenght if you want me too. I have seen 32 bones go for over $300 by themselves. So it might be good to know for sure. Steve

5. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

A 32 wishbone is 39" between the welds and a 34 is 37".Spindles and axles are different

6. hotrawd

hotrawd
    from lima,ohio

I saw the pictures you posted. Your front end is a '34. The '32 axles had a slight "s" bend at the ends (like a dropped axle only less) and the '32 and '33 spring leaves had tapered ends. Yours has square ends which means it's a '34.

7. alchemy

alchemy

I have only two problems with your response:

1. We know its not a "heavy" '32 axle, but it still can be a later '32.

2. I personally took apart a virgin '32 with square ended front spring.

The only true way to know is measuring the wishbone.

8. This one's 37" between the welds. Thanks for the info, guys...