Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ardmore Hot Rod Reunion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragnews, Jan 6, 2009.

1. dragnews

dragnews

The reunon this year is Sep.5, Lots of big names and vintage racers already lined up. This years theme will be the Gasser...We have one of the Stone Woods cars coming and the Jr, fuel guys coming back........

I would like to have a Hamb drag - Rat Rod meet about May any of you guys interested? How about we flag start the drags? My dad still has the
    original set from the 50's let me know Thanks Rob Ragland-Ardmore Dragway [email protected]

2. Off the subject slightly, all due respect here,( my first trip to the drags being Ardmore in 1975 and first time driving in 1979 at the tender age of 17) do you guys still have the infamous " Cow Patty Drags " ?.......and the other one, the N!@@er-Nationals, which I belive started in Jones OK in the 70's which I also had attended untill the accident that was tragic? Also, has there ever been any memorial set up to honor the Texas driver from Rehr-Morrison, Lee Shepard?

3. dragnews

dragnews

We still have the Cowpastures but the cows have been gone over 15 years. If you have not been to Ardmore since the 70's I invite you back.

This is a new deal all paved modern stuff over 800 spectators at last years reunion...Yes we syill mis Lee very much, I don"t think was us with the xxxx whatever Nationals..Lee is the only person ever killed here..I am sorry if your vist was not a good one but please come back and join us...Thank for your time Rob

4. If I'm not mistaken, it's a "BYOCP" deal. "Bring your own cow patty"

5. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

as usual the central state gassers will be out in full force with a must do event like this one, If you guys want to have a good time at the drags , this is it

6. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

I raced there in 96 97 .i went to noble one night and the only way they recognized i was from ardmore was all the cow shit on the passenger side of my car!

7. Hey Dragnews, never had anything but good times there at the Ardmore Raceway, I was just curious of any memorial or plans for such a great legend of the No Coast Racers. And yes, I would show up for a gasser/Hamb friendly style Drag meeting, any ideas when in May.................?

8. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Anything going on at Ardmore is a good thing to have on your "To Do" list.
    It's a very laid back place,even has a playground for the kiddies and a fishin' hole.