Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anything to do car wise in ITALY?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Church, Jul 22, 2012.

1. fordman1

fordman1

Damn, I just got back from my Honeymoon in Italy and I should have asked the same question! I am an architect for my day job so I was pretty focused on the buildings but being a car guy I obviously took quite a few photos of cars as well. Not a lot of american tin but tons of cool european cars. I wish I could have made it to the mentioned car museums, but I did make it to a Ferrari and Mclaren F1 stores. For sure on Rome, Florence and Milan. I also went to Milan and Cinque Terre. Food and wine can be as good as the buildings, just stay away from the hyper touristy places or you may be dissappointed. Have fun!

2. pitman

pitman

If you get to Florence, go to the Academy. Walk down the corridor leading to the David...take a look on either side of you. Michelangelo's six works in an unfinished state. They are called 'the prisoners'. Nothing looks quite the same, after seeing this.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  3. Flop

Flop

had the same question as you church . went by myself for a week . wandered around Rome . humbling to say the least being in a foreign country by your self .took the subway and walked 5 to 10 miles a day around . enjoy the architecture and food and espresso and more food and wine .

ohh and take more then a carry on or your bound for a huge search when you are trying to get a cab . 2 under cover italian cops got me . glass room shirt off , shoes off 4 dudes with machine guns and 2 dogs . searched the bag every page of magazines ipod money etc . they were insistent i had weed and hash . couldnt comprehend pomade either . had to show them what to do with it hahah .

either way have a blast man and be safe.

4. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Thanks so much for all the great info. Don't need to see a ton of cars, but at least one to shoot so I could write it off would be nice! I know Lee Pratt's LeSabre is over there.

:)

Attached Files: