Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone want to start a club for 60s traditional (Bellflower) lows?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by graverobber63, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Olson

Olson

Pics dude...I wanna see it. Here's my former '64 D88. Pics of my 98's in the same album.

http://public.fotki.com/Gluhead/rides/olds/64dynamic88_2.html

Man when people tell ya shit like that it just shows what sheep they are. Anyone with their head on straight will tell ya to build what *you* want...not tell ya to ditch what ya got for the latest flavor. Good for ya fer keepin' yer head.

As for the club idea...I've had a couple invites but they just were not quite my thing. I like the premise of this one, though...quite a bit.

Whoever said the uniform thing...I really hope you were kidding.

Olson

2. steely

steely

This sounds interesting, I am working on a '58 Belair right now that I am still trying to figure out styling cues on. I have thought about going early low rider/bellflower with it. I will have to get my post count up, but I have plenty of time before I get this car anywhere near done.

Quick question for some one more stylistically attuned than I, my car came with reverse chromes and baby moons on it. They were added in the early eighties, what period are they considered?

3. JamesG

JamesG

I'm pretty soft on 58's dumped on big wheels myself.......oooop's, did I say that out loud?:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

4. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

fellas,,,the whole enitre "POST COUNT" thing is SUPER GAY,,,

there are probably alot of dudes with badass cars with low post numbers,,,

,,and PROBABLY alot of dudes with a high post count with crappy cars or no car at all,,,

all post count means is that you replied to a bunch of threads saying "right on" or "thats gay" or blah blah blah,,,:D

sorry,,just had to say that....

5. Right on that whole post count deal, well, Thats Gay oh and umm BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

yes another post for me!! :D:D

6. steely

steely

Nice. I am not sure I want to strip quite that much of the chrome off of mine, but the height is just about right.

7. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

The post count thing was more for credability than anything.... but it was thrown out the window a few days after this started.

8. smokindave

smokindave

here are a couple of my 64 olds
    http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j296/smokindave/bagday600x400.jpg
    http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j296/smokindave/rd1600x400.jpg
    http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j296/smokindave/IMG_0527.jpg

once I get the front end back under it I will have some better pics taken
    Another funny thing for you Sinkemlow..I did a search on here awhile back hoping to see a 64 with astros just to see what it would look like, and your 64 came up. Before I primered mine and took shaved some of the trim off, it looked just like yours.

9. KATFISH

KATFISH

NAY,NAY, NAY

Maybe someone could even make authentic period clothes for your
    crybaby dolls.

10. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

what the fuck does that mean? If you're not interested STFU and stay out of this thread.

11. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

KATFISH is an Outsider if I'm not mistaken-I think he was just kiddin' around...

12. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

13. I bet Chilli or some of the "Ol Timers" have pix that we can scan and use.

Thanks for putting this all together. Shirts are great and I would like to see a plaque soon...

we should also get an idea of who is where on the web site....

14. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

lmao :D

15. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

man that lil page you threw up looks great. lets get to gettin'...

i went to that local graphix place i was splainin' about yesterday in this thread and they do NOT do t-shirts, but they have resources... they said they're all cheap as hell, too, especially if we purchase in bulk [duh].

im real keen on the old english lettering with the spade between Los & Boulevardos, btw.. looks good. simple, olskool style and fits the bill. let's use this as primary font on the front of our t-shirts, then blow it up big on the back of the shirt with maybe a slogan or something else in font... i like the idea of throwing a nice bellflower car in the logo, too, but this might get $$$. i like a simple club name logo on front and back of t-shirt and that's that... maybe with our name on the front or back in OLD E or something... the ideas keep flowing.

16. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Anyone have a good pic of Whittier or Van Nuys circa 64-65?

17. 63 wildcat

63 wildcat

fuck yeah looks nice man............

18. steely

steely

Well, it looks like i might be getting the '58 lined out sooner than expected. I just found out that the job I applied for in Springdale, ARK is probably a go. It is about 10k more per year. More money for cars!

Any HAMBers in the NWA area?

19. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

20. 63 wildcat

63 wildcat

21. steely

steely

22. JamesG

JamesG

23. I dig the splash screen, I mean I really dig it, but the shirt looks too lowrider. Why not match the shirt with the style of the splash screen?

24. smokindave

smokindave

so who is going to make it to Paso? I can't say for sure right now if I can make it because of classes for my masters degree.....but my 64 will be ready.

I will be in LA on the 8th and the 16th of April. Anyone in that area want to meet up somewhere. I won't have the Olds w/ me those days, but we can still meet up for some beers.

25. JamesG

JamesG

Here..............

[​IMG]

26. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Wow. I've been away for a couple of days and I missed a lot!

Love the new web page. Can't wait to see more stuff on it especially pics.

The t-shirt is a kick ass idea... although I agree that the car is a little too lowrider'ish.

Window stickers are always a favorite.

...and whoever mentioned Paso... we should get together for a group picture to put on the web page.

GREAT JOB!!!!

27. brainfrz

brainfrz

I also have not checked out this post in a while. Great ideas, awesome cars and some fun ideas on shirts and website. I agree that the shirt should match the splash screen a little better. But you guys are comin up with cool ideas. My '63 is a long way from this style, moving closer in my mind every day. Flaked room is next to be photoshoped on my 63 falcon future.

B-frz

28. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

Shirt matched to the splash screen seems to be the general agreement here.

I'll add another "agree" to that list...

Other than that, we're on the right track now...

See what I meant about having a particular car on the shirt? Members might not totally agree with that particular car, so maybe somethin' olskool and traditional like a Dia De Los Muertos [day of the dead] skull or somethin with roses/lace.....with the "circa" script and our name just the way it is in the above example...

[​IMG]

can't go wrong with skulls. :p

29. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Thats a good idea Durod... I did a 63 cause I own two of them!

-A

30. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

Hey, no offense to 63s [lord knows i dig 'em, too]!!!

day of the dead skull and lace roses print would be badass... and matches some of our laced-out rides...!