Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone turned down a pile of $$$$ for your car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tankwilson, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Abomination

Abomination

I would vote for you for president. :)

~Jason

2. I was lucky enough to win the 2008 NSRA Give away car. I've turned down some huge offers but I'd like to play with it awhile. Its a great car but not HAMB friendly. It will be for sell later most likely.

3. Knowing tankwilson personally - yes, you should be committed. Just kidding. Still waiting for the day. I get lots of offers on stuff that is way too low. Guess that doesn't count.
    Tom - restorit

4. Twice I have told people ridiculous prices just to get rid of them. one looked like a kid who didn't have two nickels to rub together. When he showed up with the cash, there went the 72 two wheel drive Blazer. The second time I had just returned from the hospital after multiple wasp stings (long story - don't leave your car window open with an open soda) and was all whacked out on demerol. When that guy phoned and offerred me over twice what I had in it, there it went. I have had all kinds of silly offers for my 57 truck raqnging from brand new trucks to platinum jewelry. Had the gold chain/Lexus SUV guy get pissed off at me when I told him 'If you have to ask how much, you can't afford it!' I could go on. One irritating jackass does call every once in a while about my sedan delivery, and I know he's got the $$$, but .......

5. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

i have had a couple crazy offers its actually pretty amazing how some people act when they make an offer.i had some wierdo dude in an suv with 26 inch wheels buggin the crap outta me one time,honestly i think he was just trying to jack my truck,it was kinda weird to have some dude walk up at a gas station and then start throwing rediculous offers and then say cmon man i will follow you home so you dont have to walk!!!!honestly im saving it for my son so i will never sell it.he freakin loves it!i would never want to do that to him.

6. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I was going to multi-quote you but you beat me to the punch!

7. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

I'm still waiting for someone who is looking to swap a '55 Nomad or a mid-sixties Corvetter for my coupe. I'd probably chicken out at the last minute.

8. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Does this count? Was taken a few years ago In VA. Dude wouldnt let it go. Dads car blah blah..Yes its a 32 3W..Wants 150K++ Enjoy

Attached Files:

9. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

at the 1975 nats in memphis i was parked across from lil john's T,he was asking 75g's.so ithought i'd ask $175,000 for my 32 4dr,everyone left the T to see what made this car worth that hi price.had lot of offers but no one had any cash,so i drove it home, took a big loss year later sold it for $6500. should have waited for a bailout....

10. Toqwik

Toqwik

I'm the other way around. I took 2 years building a 69 Camaro. Finally got it painted and went for the first drive. Stopped for gas and a guy pulls up, says I'll give you XXX for the car, I said OK and told him where I lived. Sumbitch showed up the next moring with cash and drove it away. The wife looked at me like I was stupid or something. Had a fun day the next day though. Bought a new riding mower, a nice little speed boat, a tri-hull boat for the family, and a 46 Chevy coupe. Blew it all in about 10 hours !!!!

11. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I turned down a big pile from more than a few HAMBers to honor an agreement for much less with my uncle. I sleep well at night...

-Abone.

[​IMG]

12. Bazooka

Bazooka

Not really a offer just something that happend to me awhile back.

I had just bought a 67 GTO from back east in Oklahoma. I had the car delivered on a transporter here to California. The first thing the driver tells me when we met at the delivery location was " I was asked 4 different times if your car was for sale on the way here. " I just smiled and told him I appreciated him not selling my car..haha

Anyway, before he could even get the car off the trailer a older man in a Mercedes pulls up and says "Nice car, Wanna sell it?" I hesitated for a moment and before I could say anything the Transporter guy says "Yea! $25,000" The guy in the mercedes just shook his head and drove off.. I was going to say something like $15k I only paid $12k...Damn transporter..