Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone runnin mechanical fuel injection?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slamchop, Dec 13, 2005.

1. slamchop

slamchop
    from San Diego

how hard is it to keep in tune?is it possible to run on the street with a 4 spd?

2. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Its possible. I have mine running good and am now installing a Kinsler Dial-A-Jet. Its a lot of work to keep it running nice!!!

3. CalGasser

CalGasser

I run a Hilborn two port on a 6-71 blower w/ a Muncie 4 speed. The only problems I experience are:

1) You have to run it fat on the street as there is no accelerator pump to compensate for off idle to low or high speed. Plugs get real sooty!

2) When the engine gets hot, it tends to pulse (surge) at idle as I believe it's going into a lean condition.

That's the price you pay for being cool... Other than that, it runs normal. Engine sounds meaner as it breathes a lot more than carbs.

4. CH3NO2

CH3NO2

I will be putting my Hilborn stack injected BBC on the street soon, I will try to keep everybody informed as to how the setup and tuning goes.

5. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

If you do a search on mechanical fuel injection there was some really good info on here a few months ago. That is want I want to run on my coupe:eek: Good luck with your poject.

6. slamchop

slamchop
    from San Diego

can you post pics?please

7. Bugman

Bugman

If i remember correctly, there was a certain HAMB owned black '38 Ford that ran Hilborn stacks on an SBC on the street for awhile. Maybe he'll chime in...