Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration anyone recognize these or this artist

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by n847, Feb 18, 2013.

1. n847

n847

I purchased a box of little pages, and hotrods a number of years ago at auction last year I finally dug through the box and found these 2 drawings they appear to be colored pencil or maybe pastel? They look like some type of illustrations or renderings by an artist named Fred Robinson in 1951. I have one crudely framed and the other in a plastic frame. I just wondered if anyone knew anything else about them. Sorry for the crappy pics, but I don't have a scanner. One of the cars is a 51 Buick XP 300 the pictures don't do them justice because I can't get the colors right its done on an off yellow paper. The other is a 51 Jaguar XK 120.

The renderings are relativly small maybe the size of a half sheet of paper on a heavy piece of card stock like paper.

Attached Files:

2. Kinda looks like something Harley Earl would have done.

3. Don't know the artist but the Buick XP-300 was a GM show car.I have a large scale model of one(15"long)with operating headlights;opening hood & trunk and a set of tools and jack in the trunk.The wheels are removeable.Not sure who made it(possibly Hubley)but it looks early 1950's.Will try and post a pic but don't think it will work.

Attached Files:

4. Very cool find :cool: Although the stock or paper was originally white and age and elements has a tendency of yellowing it.

5. n847

n847

Its def not yellowed with age these things were clearly kept in storage. The jag picture was done on marone colored paper. The matte that its under was a crappy one i had laying around so that is deff yellowed

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app