Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone near Mukwonago, WI to look at a Lincoln?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rld14, Jul 18, 2011.

1. rld14

rld14

I appeal to the board for help...

I've agreed to buy a 56 Lincoln that's in Mukwonago, Wisconsin. I'm told it's about 30 minutes or so west of Milwaukee.

I'd really love it if someone could eyeball the car for me before I buy it and have it shipped out here to NJ.

It had a lot of work done 10 years ago, so I figure it's gonna need tires, belts, hoses, brakes gone through, etc. I'm more worried that the paint isn't all cracked up, that the engine is basically sound, trans, rear end, etc and that it's not rotted out underneath.

Seller claims no rust and seems like a real good guy I just want a pair of eyes on it.

Happy to pay for your time and expenses.

Thanks!

Bill

2. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

I am about (80) miles away....so if you can find someone closer might be better....
    But if you get desperate, and no one else volunteers, let me know.
    Cheers,
    Bob

3. rld14

rld14

Thanks Bob. Looks like it's a real schlep for ya.... You're by Janesville right?

Think Mukwonago is near Milwaukee

4. I grew up in Pewaukee, about ten minuites from Mukwonago. Get me a phone number and I'll see if I can hook up with him. I don't live there anymore but I'm going to Racine on Saturday so I'll be going right by Mukwonago on my way. It's in western Waukesha county, if that doesn't work I'll see if my buddy who owns Wiser Hot Rod Fabrication can help out. PM me. Today before 5 PM or tomorrow all day.

5. skoh73

skoh73

I live about 15 miles away and I am unemployed so no worries with scheduling. Shoot me a pm with info and let me know address, when works, etc. I can take a ton of pics for you too.

6. skoh73

skoh73

Is the seller a HAMBer? Oh yeah, no worries about $- this is what the HAMB is all about!

7. rld14

rld14

PM Sent :D

Thanks guys! I'm stoked!

8. rld14

rld14

First,

HUGE HUGE HUGE thanks to Scott (skoh73) for checking the car out for me today.

Now on to the bad news.... the car's got a lot of underbody cancer. Scott just saved my ass from making a REALLY FUCKING BAD purchase and for that I am grateful.

Talk about the power of the HAMB!

Oh well... now I gotta find another 56 Premiere Hardtop :(

9. Scott is an awesome guy! although he keeps telling me about cars i don't really need.....

10. rld14

rld14

Damn right he is! Had a nice chat with him about the car tonight.

I E-Mailed the seller and it looks like the deal is off. Scott sent me great pics which I forwarded to the seller, the car is rotten underneath... realistically It's gonna need inner and outer rockers, probably floors, body mounts are gone, etc.

But I might have found a 57 with factory air out in Iowa :)

11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

good on Scott!

12. rld14

rld14

I like I like!

Waiting on this one tho... I really want a black coupe.. just debating if I'll be happy with a 57.. the 56s are sooo sweet....

http://omaha.ebayclassifieds.com/cl...ffs/1957-lincoln-premiere-2dr-ht/?ad=11557870

But it's got factory air... :)

13. so was the seller lying about the car, or just didn't know what kind of shape the car was actually in? Did you find the car on the hamb?

14. rld14

rld14

Not sure to be honest... He seemed surprised but did say he hadn't had it on a lift. I mean, I look under 3 year old cars that people trade in at my dealership...

Car was on eBay, not the HAMB.

But the 56 that was on the HAMB Marketplace? Just spent 40 mins on the phone with the owner... Just got more pics... it's in Lincoln, Nebraska (Is that a sign?) and I am in love with the color AND it's a factory air car.

So we shall see....