Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone like studebakers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mookandairin, Aug 27, 2011.

1. vfusdavu

vfusdavu
    BANNED
    from sdgvdsg

2. funk 49

funk 49

I also dig studes.

3. I just bought 3 53/54 two door coupes. I'm gonna make one out of three for Barb ( her dream car ) Steve

4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I have a Stude V8 for my T Sedan project.....I need a four speed!! Anyone?

5. I have a (on hold for right now) 55 Studebaker coupe landspeed race car project. Of course Bonneville is a natural place for the 53-58(?) coupes.

6. aircap

aircap

Mine's a little new for the HAMB, but I like it anyway.... I have a '66 Wagonaire with the opening rear roof. It's great for cruising!

7. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

Always liked studebakers !

8. old me

old me
    from Iowa

I've always liked Studebakers, too. But the older I get, the farther away from owning one I get.

9. edweird

edweird

well i put my foot in my mouth again !

10. txcr13

txcr13

Hope to get working on my '46 bus coupe early next year. Just added a '41 mordoor sedan.

11. Hauled this home last week.

[​IMG]

12. toml24

toml24

I can't help but notice: behind your Studebaker is that an oval-track jalopy/hot rod? Looks like it has a number on it.

13. blinddaddykarno

blinddaddykarno

I have a 47 coupe, was thinking about a 50 bulletnose front end on it, but recent divorce has left me on the short end, disposable income wise, so may sell it. Any one interested PM me.

14. Deserves to be said that the Studebaker Driver's Club magazine called Turning Wheels regularly gives multi-page articles to drag racing Studes, Bonneville Studes, and custom builds. This is the only big "restorer's club" that I know of that actually understands the "big tent" approach to getting everyone involved because it means numbers for reproduction parts projects and numbers for their events and a market for the hundreds of tons of factory parts that are STILL around. If you have never been to a Studebaker regional or national meet and you like Studes and have the chance to attend one, do so!
    And listen, I'm not a club promoter; really don't like car clubs but I own one Stude and really look forward to their thick full color magazine every month.

15. Actually, that was a very nice '34 sedan in the process of being built for the street. The location was the parking lot of Ak Miller's garage. The sedan was there for an Olds engine install. The car sat there, on a trailer, for about a year. The owner never was able to come up with any money to start the work, and finally hauled the car away. Don't know whatever became of it. The #311 sports car in the background is Ak's Devin bodied, 500" Olds powered sports car that he road raced and ran at Pike's Peak. The engine and trans was pulled from the Stude, and the car was sent to the crusher.

16. aaron_eckhoff

aaron_eckhoff
    from California

See http://WWW.dutchtreatracing.com

17. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

does a bear crap in the woods? of course!

studes kick ass. a boosted stude is even better :D

18. mookandairin

mookandairin

well here she is after alot of work thus far.hope you all like it so far.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I got a parts car that is in better shape but I got a soft spot for the one I am doing.it has been good to me as far as not wanting to be back on the road.it never complains with headache things like broken bolts,not wanting to be fabbed up or anything. I have not even had to use and PB-blaster/WD-40 ect on this thing at all it all came apart very easy I love this car. I will keep you all posted on it's progress

19. MISCONSTUDE

MISCONSTUDE

I've got a 55' 2-door sedan with a big block Buick. Best it had run was 12.50's made trans and carb swap and went 12.03/109 at Day of the Drags at Little River Dragway. I love it, strange motor, stranger car.

20. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I like the Loewy-styled 53-55 coupes and wagons and in the earlier years the 36 Coupes with opening triangular rear window. Had a 36 Coupe project many years ago but projected it to someone else before getting too far along.

21. jammersspeed

jammersspeed
    from herman mn.

i have had a few and still have one... 49 pick up

22. I think they are cool for a number of reasons...one of which is adjustable rocker arms for my early Cadillac V8's!

23. 5brown1

5brown1

My new project.

Attached Files:

24. cosmic12

cosmic12

I would love to have a 53/54 Sport Coupe.
    My most dreamed about 50s car.

25. I've owned a few over the years. Never anything newer than '57 or older than '51.

26. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Love the late 30's, but I think all the manufacturers made cool cars in the late 30's! Saw a 37 Stude this weekend for sale and it had one of the coolest gauge clusters I have seen in a while. Very art deco.

27. boldventure

boldventure

I'm curious about the fender extensions and continental kit. Can you tell us about them?

28. mookandairin

mookandairin

windshield is in finally but I got a lot more to go ( assembling) before I get some pix otherwise they will be the same ones you seen before on this post. I re-fabbed the msd crank trigger bracket,and installed the windshield so far. I am trying to get the window regulators out of the other car so the side glass works well and according to what I have read it is a real pain in the ass job. I tried it before doing research but it was a failed attempt this far. I am going to weld in the seat brackets,install the new dash after painting it w/ column,do the wiring,and try to re align the doors so they don't sag. the hinges are good they seem to have just slipped over the years but I got them to open and close with the handles tho so I am 1/2 way there.I also now that I am thinking about it have got to fasten the x-member to the frame. I forgot about that one oops1 but like I said pix when there is something to report I got top say,it will be the next post on this thread

29. toughnut

toughnut
    from Arizona

I just bought a 1950 Champion Starlight Coupe and am in the process of getting her here. So I guess I like them. Not too sure about my wife though; she rolls her eyes when I mention it. The garage and yard are getting a little full.

30. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

google "Avanti parts" as there are major players in Mi, Oh and In.