Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know who sells 55 buick gas tanks?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRAVEZ, Jan 18, 2007.

1. TRAVEZ

TRAVEZ

my tank is on the way out it's only a matter of time i'm told. i've searched the hamb and checked out some of the sites but i can't find anything for a 55 buick century gas tank. does anyone on the hamb sell or knows anywhere where i can get one?

_T

2. AaronP

AaronP
    from Hooker, OK

Try tanksinc.com I remember seeing they had tanks for Buicks, but I don't remember what years.

3. TRAVEZ

TRAVEZ

thanks for the look out aaron! i called them and they don't carry one exactly for that year but hopefully i can do some modifying to make it fit.

_T

4. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

You might want to check an old Hollander interchange manual, maybe there is something else that will work (different make, model or year). Otherwise you'll have to fab something or find a tank that could be modified to work.

5. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

What exactly is wrong with your tank? It is possible that it might be repairable, if taken to the right place.

6. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1954 & 1955 Series 40, 60 & 100 will interchange and '54-'55 Series 50 & 70 will interchange, according to Hollander's. Nothing else shows as interchanging.

7. Gas Tank RENU can repair it and its guaranteed for life. Looks like the one nearest you is in Houston. I have used the service on tanks that looked like swiss cheese and they come back leakproof.
    www.gastankrenu.com

Dan

8. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

Resurrecting this post on the hopes that maybe there is someone that now carries tanks for the '55 Buick Special. Any new information?

9. docmike

docmike

10. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

X2 on Rock Valley