Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know what this is?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny Wishbone, Nov 3, 2009.

1. slickschoppers

slickschoppers
    from Iowa

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  2. slickschoppers

slickschoppers
    from Iowa

ok,, seriously,, I'm full of shit.....

I googled it...

3. slickschoppers

slickschoppers
    from Iowa

it makes perfect sense though...

the point you see is a punch point to punch your mark..... then you insert a square shanked drill bit.... Like these

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drill_bit_shank

into the other side and start drilling, that is why the side with the "punch" has nurles, for you to hold onto.

so,, you hold the handle, smack it with a hammer, and get your centerpoint punched,

then insert a square shanked bit and hold the knurled handles and ratchet yourself a hole into some steel...

it's a guess,, but it makes sense...

every tool I've seen with knurles etched into it means that it goes into your hand to keep it from slipping,

and I bet if you check the "point" on the knurled handle is hardened steel like a center puch.

4. ask the guys on the garage journal as they have some real smart tool people there. personally "its a tool to ream out assholes on hobby horses" just about had my vote!:eek::D

5. beat me to it....

6. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

You guys are freakin funny! I knew there would be some good info and good laughs. So I'm guessing this thing is not new? And it looks like it's missing the thing in the back you whack with a hammer? I would not want to drill a hole in anything harder than mashed potatos with this thing, but I guess shit was different 100 years ago.

Thanks for all the help
    John