Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know this vehicle jack?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WQ59B, Aug 19, 2012.

1. WQ59B

WQ59B

[​IMG]

All steel- even the handle end. Didn't measure it, but the screw is at least 24". Folds up (the horizontal loop raises & the small leg swings to the big one). Also, the hook pivots 90-degrees so one can use the longer hook. No markings. Never seen this one before.

2. F&J

F&J

Common aftermarket style.

we have one holding up the car trailer just today, as the original is broken. :)

3. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

^^^ yep^^ a pain in the ass,they like to lift the rear leg.i have a really sweet one but i can't trust it..

4. cakes

cakes

common aftrermarket bumper jack

5. WQ59B

WQ59B

Sounds like a better candidate for the scrap pile. Thanks guys.

6. F&J

F&J

Actually, they are designed to lift the back legs. I would not scrap it, they can come in handy for propping things up during a build, or many other uses.....like when your car trailer tongue jack breaks, and you need to lift it to go do a haul :)

7. WQ59B

WQ59B

I don't mind holding on to it for the odd lifting job, but I won't use it on a car.
    It's certainly tall enough to work on a trailer tongue.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As the guys said they were a common aftermarket jack in the 50's and early 60's. They were designed so that when you raised the car up it rolled back against the jack and kept the back leg on the ground but most guys blocked the wheel on the other end or left the car in gear or park and it didn't roll and the back leg came off the ground. The only good thing about them was that it was real easy to raise the car if the screw in the jack was well oiled. They also made a three legged version. They are great for bending and skinning up nice bumpers too.

9. I bought one of those on purpose because the clip on it will actually extend below the base of the jack. So if you have to jack a car up that's sat in the woods or something for 50 years and is sunk in the mud up to the hubs, it gives you a fighting chance of getting it lifted without having to dig a big hole to put a conventional jack into.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  10. WQ59B

WQ59B

This one has sat under my workbench for about 15 yrs, but it turns very nicely and I didn't oil it up yet. RNYer- I like that idea, too. OK- up on a hook on the wall it goes; not the scrap pile.

11. Jerome1

Jerome1
    from USA

Yes i also thinks the its sounds like scrap pile,.
    Share some more pics of it here then easily understand the type of this vehicle jack,.

12. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Yea I know him, names Jack. Likes lifting cars. cool guy.

13. It's not totally useless. I used the screw and block out of a three legged version to replace the failed screw and block on an old Coleman pop up camper.