Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know if this is a 33/34 Franklin cowl???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ken Carvalho, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

I have been trying to ID this cowl for about 3or4 years now without success, but I saw a very tiny picture on a website that looked A LOT like my cowl, but couldn't compare it up close as the pic was so small. The picture was of a 1933 Franlin Olympic 4 door. I have looked at other Franklin pictures and the body lines and the sideways "H" on the front of it look VERY VERY similiar. The picture on the far right is to show the bracing inside the cowl, it is like that on both sides. The major problem with looking at other Franklin cars throughout the internet is mine has a cowl VENT in the center, yet I have not seen any other franklins with a vent. I have searched google and other "car" sites but not much info on Franklins. Maybe someone out there has some knowledge on them??? All I have is the front of the cowl with about 15 inches of the roof. If I can ID this correctly, I can at least start a search for the rear portion, or maybe get some measurements and that way I can start looking for what I may be able to graph to it so it looks right porportionly. And would like to make it a 1933 Franklin 2 door coupe????? Thanks, Ken

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  2. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Looks like it could be a 32 Franklin

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  3. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

But it may also be a 1932 REO

4. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

WOW.... Yes it looks MORE like a 32/33 REO flying cloud with that cowl vent!!! THANKS man, thanks a lot!!!!! Ken

5. Our '29 Franklin had a large square serial tag on the right side of the firewall until someone stole it, while yours has no tag if it has the holes for it or not may be another clue. Tag was like 4x6 inches on ours.

6. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Well my cowl looks A LOT like this cowl. Round windshield, with a large distance between door and hood, 3 body lines coming down the windshield post going into the hood and that vent in the center!! I believe I have a '33 REO coupe?!?!? Ken

Attached Files: