Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know about Airhart Disc Brakes on a Rod??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HRH, Aug 13, 2006.

1. HRH

HRH

I was talking to an old friend of mine the other day who used to run the show circuit with his 1940 Ford Coupe, and he told me that he had disk-brakes on his 40 in 1960! He found a set of disc brakes off of an old airplane and did some machining and whalla! He told me he would bring me some pics of the car and the set-up but I was wondering if any-one else has any pics of someone using airplane brakes and what they had to do to modify! This is the stuff that really turns me on starting with an idea and going through with it!!!!

2. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Isn't that what Jim had on the little red roadster down there? I remember it had ealy discs on it, and I could swear they were Airharts.

Of course, that car has been sold several times now and I'm not sure where it is. So I don't know how much help that is.

3. HRH

HRH

The brakes were origionally on Jay Liecks 40 but later he went with discs off of a corvette and sold off the Airharts and I do believe they made it on to a roadster of some sort

4. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

5. I haven't kept up with the brake world since I quit racing. This used to be Hurst-Airheart which was part of Mr. Gasket. One of my friends used to work for Bob Airheart back in the early 90's. I spent an afternoon with him. He's an interesting guy. His brother was the designer, he was the salesman.