Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Anyone interested in a Houston HAMBer's Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gwhite, Jan 11, 2013.

1. This month or next?

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

This month. April 14. Say.....12 noon. Daves opens at 11am.

3. Wish I could...I got a prior commitment on the 14th.

4. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I'm personally all in for the 27th in Texas City......lets support Sam....come on down guys...

5. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

I have races at HMP that night but if I prep my car on Friday maybe I can make it to Texas City at least for a while.

6. Come on down the 27th guys, we'll have some great Mexican food before the show...

7. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

FYI-

Just to sweeten the pot for the HAMB'rs that make it down to my show I hired a coffee shop that uses a 1964 Chevy Sunbeam Bread Truck converted to a mobile coffee shop & I ordered doughnuts from a local vendor to serve you all for FREE if you come down! This is just another way I can thank you guys for supporting my efforts in starting up another cool car show near Houston. Let me know what you guys think please.

SN

8. My project is finally at the paint shop. Thanks Richard... fingers crossed on Augie's paint and body skills. Don't think I can make this one but I'll sure pass the word to the rest of the car club... good luck with it!

9. Cool, he did a good job on Louie's '47. Did you tell him I recommended you, may have been good for a discount...or price increase! Carry on...

10. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

FYI everyone,

I hired a mobile coffee truck that converted a 1964 Chevy Sunbeam Bread truck to a coffee truck & we are buying doughnuts for the HAMB'rs that show up to my show on the 27th in Texas City.

If you guys dont mind can you all just let me know if you plan on attending so I can be sure to have enough doughnuts?

Thanks & Hope to see you guys soon,
    SN

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

So, just where does everyone drive or go on a weekend?

12. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

Many weekends find me at the track..racing. a car.

13. Hoping I'm going to have some weekends freed up soon.

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Cool. Weathers been great the last few weekends. I've put about 150 miles on my car the last two weekends. Drove to Kemah last Friday to watch the boats.

15. It has! Unfortunately, good weather means catching up on honey do's :rolleyes:

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

17. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

Ive been trying to head to every local show around the Galveston county & surrounding area! This weekend I plan on hitting the Kemah Chik-fil-a on Friday, the Pearland School Parking lot Saturday early afternoon & Kemah Home Depot Saturday night & not sure Sunday. ANyone know of anywhere else that is having something going on this weekend?

SN

18. Hope to see a bunch of y'all down here next Saturday for Sam's event.

19. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

20. BLAKE

BLAKE

Bwahahahhaha!

As a child of Magnolia, I'm entitled to laugh. :D

21. Brad S.

Brad S.

Glad to see you dudes still meet up. Been a while since I've made one of these and will be a while longer. Currently rebuilding the roadster...again. Mid 60's style.

22. Don't wait till it's built, come on! Mine's under long-term construction too.

23. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

How are you doing Brad.....its been awhile...

24. aldixie

aldixie

Glad to see you are still around Brad. Just rebuilt the 50 Chevy for Sam's show next Saturday. Will be starting back in on the AV8 Sport Coupe.

25. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

We are on the 5 day mark until my show & I would be lying if I didnt say that I was a little nervous, excited, exhausted & much more........ Hope to see you all!

SN

26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I got a nice long freeway drive yesterday to check my car out. All systems are GO!

27. aldixie

aldixie

Mine will be on its shake down run. Taking driveshaft In today to get it re-tubed, expect to get it back Thursday. Will take a few trips around the block.

28. Come on down Brad. We miss you.

29. WHAT? YOU DROVE ON THE FREEWAY? Dang the new rear coilovers must be doin" the job. Somebody let Fred follow them, he'll get lost.:D

30. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I get on sometimes, but the potholes and tailgaters limit me to quick spurts. Saturday, we drove from IH45S & Park Place to IH45N & Aldine Bender. Then on the way back took 59N to 59S, then hit 288S to Almeda Genoa. It was a blast and being in a carazan kept the assholes and big trucks out of the way.

We'll either take 45S or HWY6 to Texas City. I'M NOT AFFRAID....JUST CAREFUL!:D