Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone in/around West Chester Pa ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hoboy56, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Hey dudes and dudettes I got a job in west chester for about a year and wondered what there is to do around here? Right now I'm working 6am to 5pm but may be going to noon till midnight monday thru saturday. All I have is a daily beater here but may blast back home and grab my newly built 51 Chevy truck on a S10 frame so I can get my "FIX" when i need it. I'm at the Comfort Inn on rt 202 till they put me in an apartment a half mile from the job. Any info on hangouts or ? would be appreciated. See Ya Joe

2. I grew up not far from West Chester; it's a great town! When you get there, go down Rte 202 south to Jimmy Johns- best hotdogs and hand-spun milkshakes around. You're also close to Philadelphia, so there's tons to do there as well. Make sure you get to the Macungie show in August!

3. sawzall

sawzall

Search for "chesterbrook" cruise night.. its a stones throw from where your staying..

I am only a few miles away as well..

4. synthsis

synthsis

prolly 40-45 minutes away is the Blue Comet in Glenside. they have live(and good) rockabilly every Sunday night. google it and you'll find what you need to get there.

5. SATANSSHO4

SATANSSHO4

you can go up the road to the university and stalk the hot girls and carisle is this weeked. and your only a few minutes from faulkners cruise nights 3rd friday of the month i think

6. Thanks guys for the info. Probably going to carlisle on sunday to drool and shop. My truck will be delivered in time for the Jalopy Showdown, soooo, WOOHOO!!

7. Hey Joe,
    You might want to hit the Hamb & Scrapple breakfast at Leesport tomorrow AM. You could meet a few guys and get some Info at the same time. Easiest way from West Chester, go north on rt# 100 to rt# 23, turn left, go to Morgantown, north (right) on 176 to Reading, left (at end) onto 422. Stay straight on that road to rt# 61 north to Leesport. I'm guessing about 1 hr. to get there. See thread on here about it.
    Bill

8. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

The first time I went to Jimmy Johns, I was in the back seat of my uncles 57 Olds J2. It was his relatively new pride and joy. Does that give you an idea how long it's been semi famous? In the late 50s early 60s there was a lot of hot rodding in that area. I never thought I'd read a bout Jimmy Johns on the HAMB.:D

I don't know about today but I remember hearing about a pretty big cruise night in that area. I thought about making a day trip up there just for grins. I think Macungie has a monthly cruise night that brings in a lot of cars.

9. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

Next Macungie is May 17th live music, last Sat. there must have been aleast 500-600 hundred cars. June 7th is next.

10. yekoms

yekoms

May 3rd is Violators Spring Bash in Oley,PA. That same nite is Pottstown cruise nite on High St.
    Thurs eves cruise at Sonic Drive In on Rt 23 in Elverson,PA.
    Smokey

11. 5window

5window

Go to Carlisle SATURDAY~!! By Sunday, almost everything will be shut down, although there are deals to be had. I bought My A on Sunday,but there wasn't much else available.

12. Tommy,

Jimmy John's has been around since at least 1940. My grandfather used to play poker with Jimmy when his shop was nothing but a peanut shack and 202 was a dirt road- we've had 4 generations going and I hope it stays open for my grandchildren (my oldest is 5, so we have a ways to go)!

Take some time and look at the pics in the main room- not just the ones of Tom Mix and his "Death Cord", but the ones of the "Regular Joes" that would come in from over the years.

13. I'm working Saturday 6am to 5pm then off til monday. Gonna try the Hamb and scrapple sunday. I go to noon till midnight shift on monday 6 days a week. If any one wants to bench race or swap lies give me a ring 734-678-6206

14. 68Caddy

68Caddy

Hey Joe, come down West Chester pike to K&G speed shop in Broomall cruise night every last Friday. 15 minutes from 202 . Next friday its at the Chevy dealership across from The Franklin Mint on rt.1 in Media. some real cool rides at both events.