Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone here into large scale (1/8) car models???

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Deuces, Dec 10, 2010.

1. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

I don't think he does any 1/8th scale stuff just 1/16th.

2. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

The 3 window he has is a 33. It was mastered by a friend of mine and they were calling it a 34 then I pointed it out that it was a 33 and he changed his add to 33 3 window (at least I thought he did). The louvers on the hood are curved and the grille trim is thin. And there is no flange at the rear of the side window as there is on the 34's. I hope I didn't make them mad as it was just an observation. He is a member here and I hope he pops i n and posts a better picture of it.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  3. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I started this master buck over 15 years ago and still will probably never finish it. Maybe someday...

Attached Files:

Deuces and mgtstumpy like this.
  4. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Probably space and cost.

5. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

God I get a semi every time I see these pictures. Beautiful work.

6. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Gary I can't believe he updated his site to include the 33 3 window...Shocked!

7. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Ken is looking for pre-orders to help defer the cost of the silicone molds and the resin. He has three confirmed orders (including me) and needs a total of ten to be able to cast them. So if you want one don't be shy. It's not every day a new body comes out.

8. fordcpe

fordcpe

I have been working on this one lately. It was given to me in 2010 from a guy at work was falling apart and was built as highboy.Broke it all apart and started over and I am missing parts to finish..thanks Darrell 100_1848.jpg 100_1846.jpg 100_1845.jpg 100_1844.jpg

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
    Deuces, mgtstumpy and Jigger like this.
  9. fordcpe

fordcpe

One more close up base clear painted with air brush. 100_1852.jpg

Deuces and mgtstumpy like this.
  10. fordcpe

fordcpe

Started as a black 1977 Monogram model

11. Just snagged a Lindberg Model T and a Big Deuce from that auction site. Both were advertised as being for parts. So far I have only received the "T". I want to make it a lakes style roadster with a track nose. Any advice on modifying the upper cowl to reduce the vertical upsweep?

12. fadt

fadt
    from England

This may interest some of you. Built it to have a look at some of the options for a 3 bar front end and it went on from there. Unfortunately a friends young son knocked it off the bench it was on and since then its sat in a cupboard. All scratch built in brass and white metal. Made the masters and cast the white metal bits. All the UJs work and the rear wheels are held on with wheel nuts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mgtstumpy, beebing and kiwijeff like this.
  13. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Seems like I remember this car from somewhere. Was in a Model Car magaizine at one time?

14. Deuces

Deuces

Nice work!..

15. fadt

fadt
    from England

Not this one; never finished due to it being trashed 1/2 way through its build

16. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

how's this for a familiar story--i had a "big deuce," but mom put it in the trash when i was away in the army.

17. My mom was the opposite. When I was in the army my parents moved from California to Connecticut. All my models were packed up by my mom and made the trip. When they moved back to California, the boxes came back with them. I found them all back in the late 60s and managed to lose, give away or screw up over half of them. I found the remaining 2 boxes about a year ago. Not gonna do anything but repair the damaged ones and save them all.
    Still have a started but unbuilt Big Duece in the box I bought sometime in the 80s.

IMG_9700.JPG

Deuces likes this.
  18. Help! I am building a 1/12 scale 57 Chevy for a mate, and the windscreen got broken by 4 year old hand's. Right when I'm almost finished. Was doing the bare metal foil around windscreen, and the kid snapped the screen, before I could get in in the car.
    Anyone have a spare? I will buy a complete kit if I have to, but will try for a window only first.
    Cheers, Jeff.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  19. fordcpe

fordcpe

I'm getting closer to being done.Need to make hood fit a little better mount rear bumper and I don't know where I am going to put this big thing to keep it from getting all dusty.Darrell 100_0753.jpg 100_0755.jpg 100_0753.jpg 100_0755.jpg 100_0758.jpg 100_0761.jpg

Deuces, mgtstumpy, beebing and 2 others like this.
  20. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

Or how about this scratch built 10314735_10152448125004787_2652870895967687081_n.jpg 1/2 or 1/3 scale Alfa?

Deuces, mgtstumpy and beebing like this.
  21. Still after a windscreen for the 57.
    Here's a pic. IMG_20140929_111608.jpg

Deuces and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  22. dpride

dpride
    from Australia

Here is a large scale model I just finished. rear-1.jpg

3-4-top-rear.jpg

1/4 scale model that I digitally inserted into a salt flats background. :)

Deuces, mgtstumpy, beebing and 4 others like this.
  23. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Super cool. Halibrands made from scratch too?

24. My Mom was dusting the shelf and snagged my Big Deuce front bumper and down it went. As George Carlin would have said, "smithereens".

25. dpride

dpride
    from Australia

To big deuce: Wheels computer modeled - printed -cleaned up - molded - cast in resin.

kiwijeff likes this.
  26. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

That has to be one of the most outstanding models I've ever seen. Just amazing work. Gary

27. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Nice execution. I had to build my wheels the old fashion way without printers. I will post some cragar s/s that I made a master from scratch, casted them and sent them off to chrome tech for plating.

28. dpride

dpride
    from Australia

Thanks guys, everything scratch built as no parts are available for 1/4 scale display models.
    Fiberglass body, steel frame, resin and plastic engine, urethane rubber tires etc..
    When you walk into a room, you notice a 1/4 scale model.
    Pics of the other comp-coupe model I finished about the same time. All scratch built.
    Same deal with the rear wheels and tires but the cycle tires are machined and hand laced.

Nov29-fin-2.jpg

Deuces, mgtstumpy, tomkelly88 and 4 others like this.
  29. Wow, great stuff. I thought the twin Pontiac powered 1/8th scale 32 Modified i have in the works was cool, but yours is outstanding!
    Would like to see a beer can next to it for the size.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  30. Deuces

Deuces

Wow! Where's the build pictures for this. one????..... :):)