Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone here into large scale (1/8) car models???

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Deuces, Dec 10, 2010.

1. rdzimm2001

rdzimm2001

Anyone serious about new and different 1/8th scale products should check out www.tdrcatalog.com. They've got a ton of goodies, not produced by anyone else. They also have access to some excellent hand laid fiberglass bodies. So check'em out and see what they offer.
    The fiberglass bodies are not yet loaded into their catalog, but they will put you in touch with the creator and fabricator of the bodies.
    As a side note, if there is something you and your buddies would like to have and don't see listed in their catalog, just send them an email with your requests. TDR is out to supply the " biggie" modelers of the world with what the big time kit manufactures don't want to produce.
    CHEERZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deuces likes this.
  2. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

Holy hell this is some good stuff.

Deuces likes this.
  3. Deuces

Deuces

Hell yeah there is!!!... I just might hit'em up for a supercharged 392 for one of my Deuce builds.. ;)

4. Sonny Depalma

Sonny Depalma
    Member Emeritus

The old Hemis look killer heres mine!

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  5. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

6. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Hey Sonny! It's been too long since I've hung out with you... You need to show these guys just how amazing your modeling skills are! Post some full shots of your collection to wow the model builder fans! This chassis is a model that I bought recently after having a lapse of over 25 years since my last one! And after visiting a local hobby store, I was amazed at the different colors of custom model paint that I never had then! The color is Candy Lime Gold, based on "REAL" colors of the Custom Car World. I was so happy with this chassis, that I just "left" it as is, dissappointed with the design and look of the "phonebooth" T body... I chopped it down a bit, but my finishing skills need to be polished before I am able to spray the body with more candy. After reading this great thread, I found a model company that offers my 392 Hemi (my real '58 392 with candy orange metalflake sits patiently in my garage) with options for a supercharger! And another one that offers the priceless Radir Wheels!

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  7. Deuces

Deuces

Man, this thread keeps getting better and better.... Thanks for posting those pics guys!!! :D Keep'em comin'!! :) I love your work!!

8. argond

argond

Anson, here's a couple of pictures of my 8th scale Willys coupe. Its a very accurate and strong Madd Fabricator fibreglass body. Its the best and probably only 8th scale Willys body on the market.

Mine is sitting on a tube chassis with IFS and is powered by a blown Hemi with a Lenco trans.

If you have any questions about this stuff, I check in here every few days.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
    Deuces likes this.
  9. Deuces

Deuces

Lookin' good Rick! :)

10. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

Here is an up date on my wcc 54 Chevy r/c. Its far from being done, last night i tinted the rear windows with real limo tint.Ive been working on this car the last couple of nights and made a custom batwing air cleaner you cant see the detail because my auto focus is broke and started to paint the engine conpartment.Next im going to get some baby moon's on it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
    Deuces likes this.
  11. I have the WCC 36 Ford that I wanna make into a traditional taildragger.Anyone done one of these?

12. RAT "T"

RAT "T"

man! I wish i bought all of them when they were on sale for $20 at wal-mart

13. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Anyone lamenting the total lack of these biggies in the last few years at Christmas time? Although I'd prefer 1/8, more stuff like the WCC toys would be good. I haven't seen any lately. Gary

14. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Awesome 40/41 Willys project!! Where can I find your Madd Fabricator 1/8th scale Willys body? I did a Google search and came up short... Thanks!

15. argond

argond

Mike
    Go back about a page and click on the contact info for "RDZIMM2001". He's the Madd Fabricator.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me here.

Rick

16. rdzimm2001

rdzimm2001

31chevymike. contact me via email at; [email protected] . I do not have them listed on a web site as of yet. Eventually they will be linked through the www.tdrcatalog.com web site. Drop me a line and I'll fill you in on all the info as well as send you a few photos of what's available.
    CHEERZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MADD FABRICATOR

17. Deuces

Deuces

Sunday morning bump^ :D

18. The '36 looks pretty close to 1/8 to me.

19. Update on the Corvette. Been doing a lot of sanding and repairs. Still a long way to go. Keep finding more cracks as the dirt and old paint comes off.

Attached Files:

Deuces and 61falconwagon like this.
  20. Deuces

Deuces

Lookin' good! Kinda makes me want to get started on my '82 SE kit...:)

21. Sonny Depalma

Sonny Depalma
    Member Emeritus

I built all the 1/8 kits so I messed up a 1/6 scale Jessie James RC car.

Attached Files:

22. Deuces

Deuces

23. forty9_slownlow

forty9_slownlow
    from mia fl

call me crazy, but ive always wanted a 1/8 scale model of my car.

24. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Okay! Your crazy! :rolleyes:

25. felix37

felix37

I got the Big Duece kit for my 14th birthday,still haven't finished it yet. I'm 42 now!

Deuces likes this.
  26. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Anyone interested in a 29 model A grill?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
    Deuces likes this.
  27. Deuces

Deuces

That looks fantastic!!!

28. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Thanks I just whipped it up today. Have a buddy sending me the ford script for the top. Once that's here & I make a copy of it; I will apply it to the grill & it will be ready to cast. I think I'm going to make the crank hole cover as a separate piece so if you want, it can be applied or just run it smooth.

29. Rootz

Rootz
    from UK

30. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Super nice belly tanker. Dumb question? When you "race" it, does it just to away fast, get out of range, and never come back? Why motorize or RC it at all? Gary