Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone have some pictures of George Poteet's old RPU?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kinky6, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Kinky6

Kinky6

No, not the '32 in the picture below. I'm looking for the one that was in American Rodder mag, Nov. 91 or 92. I saw this RPU at Shades of the Past in the early '90's sometime.

It was an extened cab RPU by Brookville, '30 or '31, black paint, close to a full length bed, no fenders, w/ a Chevy 250" inline six. Not really a show car, just a casual sort of rod.

I've done a couple of searches, and haven't found anything; back then, nobody was taking digital pics.

Anyhow, not this one, whattaya got? Kinky6 :cool:

Attached Files:

2. mj40's

mj40's

This one was done by his Camel Toe Racing in 93. 42 Ford. I have all the issues from beginning thru 92. Will dig it out tomorrow.

[​IMG]

3. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

There was a picture of it in the rear of the Rodders journal #44 - the one with his 32 Delivery on the front cover.

4. 97

Ask George !! [email protected]

[​IMG]

5. Kinky6

Kinky6

Thanks for the replies, anyone else?

6. fomoco31

fomoco31

My dad just bought a 29 RPU that was supposedly built by George Poteet. It has a mural of "The Salt Flat Flyer" painted on the tailgate. Could this possibly be the same truck? He was told it was in several hot rod/ rodder mags in the early to mid 90's....I'm trying to locate these pictures as well.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Naw, that was another one that was being built for him in the early ninties, Originally it had an aluminum block Ford 'banger that Donovan or Keith Black was casting... I saw it finished in another magazine in the late nineties in someone else's collection.

8. fomoco31

fomoco31

Thanks for the info. I'm going to dig and see if I can't find some of those photos. It now has a flathead with two 2 barrels. I'm trying to teach my dad how to upload photos from three states away and it's not going well.