Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone have pics of a modified T still running wood wheels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Edelbroke, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

This is my 26 Roadster. I need some motivation to start working on it. The picture I have in my head is fenderless and low, but i'd like to modify whats on the car only. Not swap in anything newer than the car. (other than metal fabrication) I've stared at the front axle awhile. Could I flip the front cross member? To lower the rear I probably would Z the frame. I really want to use the wood wheels also. I do have the hood sides, they will cover the original motor. I have the original windshield, I plus a spare set from anouther car. My plan was to just use the bottom piece with shortened stanchions. What did the race cars of 26 look like?
    [​IMG]
    the front axle on car in the bottom pic looks alot like my T axle. Are these metal spoke wheels hard to find?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  2. 6berry

6berry

you should be able to find some wire wheels like that if you just keep a watch on the classifieds here.

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice T, just the change over to stock 26-27 Wire wheels would make that car racy IMO. The Dayton wire wheels and hubs as seen on the Mauri Rose dirt car would equal the value of your T and then some, IF you could find a set. The car uses the standard dirt car lowering setup that Fronty and Morton & Brett sold in the late 1920's.

Attached Files:

4. what a friend of mine did was put a black steel plate behind the spokes... they were alot thicker though.. you could make a metal spoked plate that would hide behind the wood spokes...

5. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

Im using stock 1930 dodge brothers wooden wheels on my 35 modified project. Theres some guys in the area that use em on their hill climbing racers without an issue. I love em!